Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:55:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What exactly does a Morris do now?

Started by Mr_Simnock, February 23, 2024, 05:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

What does Mr Morris do now? Does he just wander around where he lives shouting Blue Jam quotes to anyone who will lsten? Does he do any kind of podcast? What is he working on? Could any followers please fill me in?

In the early 2000s he lived off Brass Eye DVD sales, then appearing in the IT Crowd and the success of Four Lions kept him in the black. Now he still lives a comfortable yet modest life, alternating his weekly shops between Lidl and big Tesco.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

lauraxsynthesis

TheAssassin

He's busy writing Peter Kay's comedy material.

non capisco

Everyone else is reading this thread title in the voice of Jared Leto in House Of Gucci, right?

TheAssassin

Quote from: non capisco on February 24, 2024, 05:10:41 PMEveryone else is reading this thread title in the voice of Jared Leto in House Of Gucci, right?

No, I read it as the Chairman of British Leyland in 1978.

Small Man Big Horse

I do wonder if when he dies (hopefully in a good few decades time) it will be revealed he had a number of finished projects that he was never quite happy with (ala the Noel Fielding radio show) and scripts for plays and movies.

On the flip side we know how much research he does for each film and perhaps now that he's in his sixties he's content to relax, happy with a simpler life, and we'll never get anything again.

After a brief google search I found this article he'd written just over a week ago: https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/views/special-investigations/pulse-in-print/chris-morris-the-government-would-rather-attack-gps-than-listen-to-them/ which led to a speech he gave at a conference in May 2023 - https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/special/lmcs-conferences/chris-morris-100-of-patients-would-rather-see-their-gp-than-therese-coffey/ - So perhaps now he's spending his time with some form of activism, and is maybe more passionate about that than anything else.

Senior Baiano

Quote from: TheAssassin on February 24, 2024, 12:24:17 AMHe's busy writing Peter Kay's comedy material.

When child's bauble of 1975 appears not  normal but alien strange in thine eye. And when bark you like seal, "about were what that all, that what all about were, ooh" then welcome, ooh mixu paateleinen welcome

momatt

I wonder about this all the time and certainly much more than I should.

How does he actually spend his time?  Reading, walking, watching tv, painting, writing?  Would love to know.

Shaky

Quote from: momatt on February 29, 2024, 11:03:07 AMI wonder about this all the time and certainly much more than I should.

How does he actually spend his time?  Reading, walking, watching tv, painting, writing?  Would love to know.

Almost certainly some of those. Likely eating and going to the toilet too.

Is he voice acting on this podcast
around 18:45?
My friend and I had been wishing that Chris Morris did mindfulness meditation recordings and I found this later that day.
I hope he paints, like someone suggested above.I'd pay to see that.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: TheAssassin on February 24, 2024, 07:04:14 PMNo, I read it as the Chairman of British Leyland in 1978.

" Michael Edwardes!"

"shut up Peter!"

thenoise

He cycles. Fuck knows where to or why.

dex

I can imagine him doing a Lester Freamon from The Wire and being out of the spotlight for 13 years (and 4 months), everyone forgetting about him then coming back like Lazarus.