Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:26:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

THE LONG BLONDES

Started by Cack Hen, March 02, 2008, 05:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cack Hen

heyheyHEY! OSCImusiks!

so i herd u liek long blondes?!

no?!

well actually nonoWAIT ciaran like them i'm pretty sure

WELL ANYWAY THE NEW ALBUM LEAKED ONTO THE INTERNETS SO GO WIN SOME INTERNET

haven't listened yet. will get back soon with detailed report. hold tight, kittens.

tl;dr :: New Long Blondes album has leaked.

Mindbear

Well, we were lucky enough to have erol e mail us the tune, so we've been playing it for a few months and I have to say, I'm fucking blown away by the new stuff. It's amazing.

Cack Hen

century: gone too-far in the electropop direction which i think ciaran will fap over but it's not doing much for me! lacks fun

guilt: like a weak track from STDYH, on the right track with the funky guitars but just not as good as it could be

the couples: mehh again, alright. TRY HARDER GUISE.

i liked the boys: oh man terrible. just terrible. just as well it clocks under two minutes, then.

here comes the serious bit: this is getting silly now, there's just nothing interesting here, most of these songs are interchangable in their blandness, nonemoreso than this abortion.

round the hairpin: fail. again with the strange pseudo attempts at the fall-esque sinisterisms that just sound like a band trying too hard. reasonably nice guitars going on here, but it's mostly a fruitless listen and just interrupts the failing with a different brand of fail.

too clever by half: not bad! certainly a highlight, anyway. trying something new in the sense that she's not singing in her slightly grating warble, but not pushing the boat out to fail island entirely. nice little bass accompaniment. shouldn't be a highlight, but there you go.

erin o connor: things are kinda picking up! but i think that's just willful hope talking.

nostalgia: blehh back to punching below their weight. it's not epic fail, which in many respects is more annoying because i'd rather they committed to trying something new and failing then dipping in and out of ideas in a wishy washy fashion.

i'm going to hell: last track. pretty good! bit of an instrumental clusterfuck going on in the background, but at over five minutes it milks and sucks any good intention dry. fitting end to an unfit album, sadly.

oh man LB guiseGUISE what happen :''(

Cack Hen

Quote from: Mindbear on March 02, 2008, 06:09:26 PM
Well, we were lucky enough to have erol e mail us the tune, so we've been playing it for a few months and I have to say, I'm fucking blown away by the new stuff. It's amazing.

oh really?

yeah i do no want :-(((

their first album was just so much FUN i can't believe it's come to this. but heyheyho!

Mindbear

Quote from: Cack Hen on March 02, 2008, 06:15:31 PM
oh really?

yeah i do no want :-(((

their first album was just so much FUN i can't believe it's come to this. but heyheyho!

Thats a real shame you're not enjoying it, Erol said that century was inspired by an Abba song I can't remember the name of, which is a great thing as far as I'm concerned. I love how dark and atmospheric it all is, and yes the first album was incredible fun, but there's always room for experimentation....I mean, what if Radiohead hadn't bothered moving on since Pablo Honey?

j_u_d_a_s

Just downloaded it, as petty revenge for one of them blanking me at a pub once! WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH NOW HUH?

Too many ideas and not enough focus for my liking. To be filed under "difficult second album" I think.

rudi

They've split up

QuoteWe have decided to call it a day.

The main reason for this is that I suffered from a stroke in June and unfortunately I do not know when / if I will be well enough to play guitar again.

On behalf of the band I'd like to say a big thank you to anyone who ever came to one of our shows, bought one of our records or danced to one of our songs in a club. Thank you, if it wasn't for you the whole thing would have been pointless.

Finally on a personal note, thanks for all your well wishing messages.

Dorian xxx

Custard

Ahh, quite sad to hear that. Enjoyed the first record and some of the second, and most of the b-sides were good stuff.

Talking of which, does anyone have Melville Farr, Too Happy, or Good as Gold from the Guilt singles that they could possibly upload?

Would be nice to complete the set, seeing as there won't be any more :(