Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:27:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Last FM problems/queries

Started by explodingvinyl, March 25, 2008, 07:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

explodingvinyl

Right. Does anyone know why my overall chart seems to have reset itself? The last time I checked I'd listened to The Hold Stead about 550 times and Eilliot Smith was my next most listened to, then Radiohead. Now I'm down to 117 times for THS and my chart is showing pitifully low amounts of plays.

I've been a member under this account since Jan 2005 and I Ndon't remember the charts resetting themselves like this before. I've been into settings and the like, but I can't find anything that looks like it's going to help. Your options are to display charts from the last 3 months, 6 months or a year. I've got a year selected, and I KNOW i've listened to more tracks than that in a year.

Any suggestions? Or do I just need to get over it? Of course my top tracks chart is fucked now, this is going to piss all over my segment for Artemis' show.

CaledonianGonzo

Well - you're not alone.  Mine seems to have re-set itself as well - Paul McCartney's 'Wonderful Christmastime' is now in my top 5.

As to why, I haven't the foggiest. 

explodingvinyl

Oh dear. My deepest sympathies.

WHO CAN HELP US!? Perhaps it's just a big reset.

boki

Hmmm..it's done the same to mine, maybe they can retrieve the data from somewhere or summat.  I can remember what the top 3 was, though, so I'll still be able to do Artemis' thing without hogging a major portion of the show by sending in 26 minutes of ambient music (my 'top three' according to the site now is from Global Communications' '76:14').

That reminds me, need to buy a mic...

Famous Mortimer

Same here, it's ignoring that weekend ages ago where I accidentally left my PC on playing through my entire Jandek collection, netting him over 600 listens and second place to Cassetteboy. I also remember my top 3, but this sucks and there's nothing on the front page about it either.

Deadman97

I've taken the step of emailing their support team, and got the following response within an hour:

Quote from: last.fm

Hi,

This is a known issue :( and as such, is being worked on. We ask that youoffer us your patience and bear with us whilst we fix this, and apologize forany inconvenience caused.  The Last.fm Customer Service and Support Team

So there we go.

buttgammon

This happened to me as well, bloody hell I was a bit shocked when I saw David Bowie wasn't my top artist anymore!

I hope this doesn't screw up Artemis' upcoming CaB Radio night which is kinda relient on last.fm.

Little Hoover

Oh just pick 3 things that you think should be high on your last fm.

explodingvinyl

Yes but I spent the entire weekend annoying FM by playing the same 6 songs over and over in order to rig my top three. Are you saying that I have to be hoenst about my lying? Where's the fun in that.

WINK.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: explodingvinyl on March 25, 2008, 11:48:15 AM
Yes but I spent the entire weekend annoying FM by playing the same 6 songs over and over in order to rig my top three. Are you saying that I have to be hoenst about my lying? Where's the fun in that.

WINK.
I would like to defend ev's honour by saying she muted it most of the time. And I quite like the three songs she was pushing to the top, so it's all good really.

Koant

Goodness me, 13 pages in a few hours! People are really touchy about their charts aren't they?
Best comment: "I would prefer cancer"

Anyway:
Quote from: massdosageDon't worry everyone, we do have backups and it looks like no data has been lost. What seems to have happened is that the daily chart update which ran yesterday messed up everyone's overall charts. We're not entirely sure why but in the meantime we are re-running the weekly chart generation so at the very least all your charts will be back to the same state as they were yesterday. This takes quite a few hours to run as there is a lot of data to get through so please be patient. When it is finished I will post here again to let you know so there is no need to keep on adding posts to this thread.
http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/393322/13#f6077553

Famous Mortimer

I was, in a way, quite pleased about this, as it removed a lot of bad bands that I only listened to as a result of accidentally leaving the last.fm radio on. And my top three now is a lot more representative of the music I've been listening to since I re-activated the software a few months ago.

NoSleep

As my overall chart seems to have barely changed, I would think it's weighting recent plays over those from months ago. I haven't been scrobbling for a few months, see.

Famous Mortimer

Well, then do it more often. Some people (me) have had plenty of listening fun following bands from your last.fm list.

Famous Mortimer

Everything appears to be sorted out now - the holy 1-2 partnership of Cassetteboy and Jandek has been restored to me, and long may they reign until I forget to turn iTunes off again one weekend and promote someone like Sebadoh or Guided By Voices to the top.

Koant

*BUMP*
Do you know how to tell last.fm that you were listening to a particular artist, and not another one who happens to go by the same name?
Case in point: I've been listening to 'Soundtrack to Spleen' by Spleen (Rob Ellis', with PJ Harvey) and my profile shows the picture of some French hiphop guy. How can I force my Spleen to point to the correct one? Can I fix that myself? Do I need to tell someone?
In hope, I added the album cover to the available pictures for Spleen.
http://www.last.fm/user/Koant

NoSleep

Quote from: Koant on November 08, 2008, 12:43:16 PM
*BUMP*
Do you know how to tell last.fm that you were listening to a particular artist, and not another one who happens to go by the same name?
Case in point: I've been listening to 'Soundtrack to Spleen' by Spleen (Rob Ellis', with PJ Harvey) and my profile shows the picture of some French hiphop guy. How can I force my Spleen to point to the correct one? Can I fix that myself? Do I need to tell someone?
In hope, I added the album cover to the available pictures for Spleen.
http://www.last.fm/user/Koant

http://www.last.fm/music/Spleen

QuoteThere are several artists that use the name Spleen...

The entry goes on to describe 10 different artists named Spleen.

In the future all artists will have to nominate a number to add as a suffix to their name in order to make lastfm function properly.

Koant

Ok the answer is no then. I've cleaned up my recent profile and changed the tags on my mp3s to avoid confusion. That'll do for the moment.