Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lou Christie - Paint America Love

Started by Cack Hen, November 05, 2008, 07:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cack Hen

since, well, forever, Paint America Love has only been available from an old vinyl rip (or if you're very rich/lucky, the vinyl itself) but due to a sheer bloody miracle, it's just been reissued on CD! not issued by universal themselves, but cherry red, who i believe universal own. the fact that universal owned the rights never looked good, because PAL has a very small fanbase, so why they'd even bother giving it the green light was the issue. but i don't know how or why, but here it is. and it's been remastered by norman blake! and he hasn't butchered it at all, just given it more bass, it's still the same fucking awesome album.

so, for those unaware:

quite probably the single most overlooked album in the history of the universe. Christie did a lot of shit, and the shit sandwiched PAL, which of course did very little to sustain the legacy of this brilliant album. he's on absolute fire here, this is bubblegum/baroque pop which oozes a warmth and class that even the (almost) peerless Scott Walker and Neil Hannon have yet to reach. joyous, classy, epic, catchy, this is the kind of album that comes around once in a very long while.

the packaging for the reissue is a little sparse, but it's decent, and above nothing else i now have a copy of my own and in good quality AND with bass! once i've ripped the tracks properly i'll upload a song or two, but if you like it please do buy a copy if you feel like it. like pacific ocean blue, i think it's always good to actually buy these rare reissues so the labels know that there is a small but significant number of people willing to buy slightly obscure out of prints.

Well, I don't 'do' sendspace in Rice so I'll just have to try this before I buy this elsewhere. I've never heard of this before but I'm hoovering up as much as possible of anything I can get right now to distract me.

Egyptian Feast

Wow, I've never heard of this, but 'Lightning Strikes' and 'Egyptian Shumba' are two of my favourite songs, so I'll definitely be checking this out. Cheers for the heads up!