Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:05:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Whatever happened to 'sore bottom mum'?

Started by Lee, November 06, 2008, 05:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

Any of you lot remember him? He used to post some fantastic songs on here that made Rats sound like an Opportunity Knock-off. Then he left... and never came back. So what happened to him, I hear you ask?* Well, after finding him on various social networking websites and following brief discussion, last week I gave him a gig down in Colchester under the name Nit Nurse, and one kind soul filmed it. So for the curious among you, here is the vast majority of his set:

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lTghU896_Xs[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XYd4Hg9Cw[/youtube]

(I'm the one in the hat who keeps walking into shot.)

Good isn't he? I'm hoping to get him back next year, but obviously I'm not allowed to talk about that. Meanwhile, feel free to discuss his lyrical genius here.

*I can't hear you, but I'm assuming you're asking it if you decided to view this thread.

thugler

Lee

I suppose you could call him a comedy act, yeah, if you refer to people like Jake Thackray and Beck as comedy acts. Basically about 3 or 4 years ago SBM was one of the more popular posters here, due in part to the music he used to post here, which was much like what was in those videos. But as I said, he disappeared pretty much overnight around 2005/2006-ish, and on occasion people mention him asking "whatever happened to..." etc (along with other long-gone posters like Geej, John John John John Heej(?), splattermac and the like), or refer to him in tags and the like, so I thought I'd answer those individuals' queries.

Like most other CaB folk, last time I saw JJJJH, he'd had a little too much to drink.  He posted here a few times after that and then went oddly quiet.

Hank_Kingsley

Didn't he produce some rather good drawings as well? I remember him being a good poster back when I lurked/was someone else else else else...