Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:20:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Broken Notes and other spooky ambient music

Started by Lolinurse, November 18, 2008, 03:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lolinurse

I cannot seem to fathom the search function properly, so please forgive me if this excellent project has been brought to your attention.

Broken Notes produce freely distributed music based around themes from the Silent Hill games, although recently they have moved on to develop some other curios from a wider range of inspiration.

If you click around their site you will find many more raw tracks, quite interesting from a compositional point of view.

The reinterpretation of essentially ambient music is a novel approach to fan-art, and the results are quite pleasant (the source of inspiration notwithstanding).

Personally I find them more evocative than the Disneyland styling of Nox Arcana, not that the latter are by any means poor at what they do. Any other comparisons/recommendations of similar?

TL;DR? Broken Notes make free, spooky, ambient music. They are well worth a listen. Perhaps start with their second project, what do you think?