Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:31:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Clarification please

Started by sick as a pike, October 20, 2006, 02:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
These people.  Are they in this country, or abroad?

edit re the possibility of a strike: Made it, Ma*! Top of the world!

* i.e. this post

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I'm scared and I don't know what is happening.

(Strike issued for breaking the forum rule.  James Cagney would never admit to being scared, unless it was for the good of some wayward children while he was being electrocuted.)

JesusAndYourBush

What the flipping fuck?

(Strike issued for breaking the forum rule.  James Cagney would never use the word "flipping" in that manner.  He would limit himself to flipping the bird, or flipping grapefruits into Mae Clarke's face)

Frinky

I guarantee members safe working conditions, and a minimum wage on union productions.

untitled_london

Go With The Flow

You dirty, yellow-bellied rat!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Damn it feels good to be a 1920s gangster, ma. I'll show you my gun, my Tommy weighs a ton because I'm Public Enemy number one, ma.

untitled_london

uzi???

tommy shirley.

{Strike almost issued, but I presume you're actually referring to Shirley Jones*, James Cagneys' attractive red-headed co-star of 1959's "Never Steal Anything Small", the disappointing gangster musical comedy.

* Privately known as "Tommy" to close friends and family, and "Charles" to her doctor.)

Almost Yearly

Each of my subsequent roles in the hoodlum genre offered the opportunity to inject something new, which I always tried to do. One could be funny, and the next one flat. Some roles were mean, and others were meaner.

Sinner

I think this is fucking stupid.

(Strike issued, as James Cagney never used profane language while hiding behind a pseudonym like a big yeller chicken.  Although he was betrayed by an undercover fed using a pseudonym in "White Heat", his triumphant return to both Warner Brothers and gangster movies.

Sinner's gonna be on Skid Row real soon if this keeps up, see?)

Almost Yearly

Sterrrrrrike!

Hey, the delete post option was still active a minute ago. Um ... tarnation.

Frinky

Quote from: "Sinner"I think this is fucking stupid.

Fellas, look at this! We got a regular jive turkey.

I dohno, ma!

James Cagney was the bomb in 'G' Men, yo.

{Strike issued, as James Cagney never to my knowledge used "home" "boy" patter, and contrary to your statement, he was very much against bombs in the jingoistic 1945 movie "Blood On The Sun", in which he foiled some judo-practicing Japanese (stereo-)types who were trying to explode good old The United States Of America.)

imitationleather

*Gunfire*

Gee. What a waste of a beautiful dress!

Joy Nktonga

No dames, no gain. No pain, no dame see.

I could moider a boiger, ain't no mistake.

Fuggedabaddit.

(Strike issued as broads find it offensive when they're called "dames")

er..

How d'you know I was lookin' at you if you weren't lookin' at me?

untitled_london

well gee whizz, i was almost headed off at the pass there see.

you'll never take me alive.

{Strike almost issued again, as "headed off at the pass" is clearly more readily associated with cowboys rather than gangsters.  However, James Cagney did star as a cowboy in 1939's "The Oklahoma Kid",  so in a fit of uncharacteristic tolerance I will let this one "pass" (partly because The Oklahoma Kid was a Lloyd Bacon picture, and I've always found the word bacon to be quite sensual and sexy.))

Joy Nktonga

Waddayatalkinabout? It's the dames, they don't like being called no broads, baby.

Ya mook, ya bum.

What the cocking christ is going on?

(Strike iss...oh, I don't think I can be bothered anymore.  Honestly, you should have to take some sort of qualification to be allowed on the internet.  I hope I can find an appropriate board to fully express how bored you've made me of this particular bored board.  If you want to join me then, yes, all aboard.)

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Listen up kid, I'm gonna tell you this once and once only. We're all talkin' like 1920s Gangsters, ya'hear? Now gosh darn and tarnation if you can't get that through your thick skull then we're gonna have some problems. Now geddouttahere before I really get angry.

the midnight watch baboon

Nuts to you, shamus. Your blonde broad there may give you the up-from-under look and smell lovely and shimmers and hangs on your arm but she's always very, very tired when you take her home. She thinks she can sing but her version of 'Stairway to the Stars' has a few steps missing. Now I gotta go sort out this Eddie Mars hoofer before supper, so what say you and I go our separate ways. Kapiche?

untitled_london

Quote from: "Al Tha Funkee Homosapien"Listen up kid, I'm gonna tell you this once and once only. We're all talkin' like 1920s Gangsters, ya'hear? Now gosh darn and tarnation if you can't get that through your thick skull then we're gonna have some problems. Now geddouttahere before I really get angry.

tarnation....

surely you mean damnation joe, you just gotta! you see, that what troubles me about today, it just ain't right i tell ya.

RHX

Why I Hate Tables

Finally I realise the point, there is no point. Darn tooting too.
Darn fine idea of having an utterly pointless fun board, and I can now see the point.

The people who ah first saw starting a fun board ah was biased against, they shot my maw, paw and doggy, but this is a whole new enterprise. It could be legit, I tells ya, legit.

Now I ain't one to be a hollering about nothing, but wasn't Joe Pesci in GoodFellas just ripped off me, instead of the darn fine murdering rapist who treated his old ma great who was the actual character?

Well ,shucks, go figure, before I fill yuz with cotton pickin' lead! Ah do believe I overdid it. Shame too, dirty rat I am!

Quote from: "Why I Hate Tables"Finally I realise the point, there is no point. Darn tooting too.
Darn fine idea of having an utterly pointless fun board, and I can now see the point.

The people who ah first saw starting a fun board ah was biased against, they shot my maw, paw and doggy, but this is a whole new enterprise. It could be legit, I tells ya, legit.

Now I ain't one to be a hollering about nothing, but wasn't Joe Pesci in GoodFellas just ripped off me, instead of the darn fine murdering rapist who treated his old ma great who was the actual character?

Well ,shucks, go figure, before I fill yuz with cotton pickin' lead! Ah do believe I overdid it. Shame too, dirty rat I am!

*Riddles "Why I Hate Tables" with bullets*

Keep tha change ya filthy animal!

neveragain

Why hello, this looks like jolly larks. What's everyone up to in this quarter?

fudgemonkey

Wait one cotton pickin' moment.

What in heck's occuring here, and to slip into Jimmy Stewart, what's all this doohickey?

If this board is derided anymore, they can kiss tomorrow goodbye!