Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:48:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Another 'what podcasts are you listening to?' thread (End times edition)

Started by non capisco, September 01, 2020, 11:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
CM is the greatest podcast bar none for me. Anyone who grew up in the 70s, 80s and 90s should be forced to listen to it for one episode and be inevitably hooked like the rest of us PCY.

studpuppet

Quote from: paddy72 on October 13, 2023, 08:26:39 AMAlso enjoying the Scarred For Life podcast, but is anyone else finding the scouse guy's cadence slightly annoying?

Are you sure you didn't download A History Of Rock Music In 500 Songs by mistake?

paddy72

Quote from: studpuppet on November 17, 2023, 10:34:26 PMAre you sure you didn't download A History Of Rock Music In 500 Songs by mistake?

No, love that podcast and no issue with the voice. His research/knowledge on some of those episodes is astonishing.

It's the up at the end thing with the guy on SFL, as if everything's a surprise. Now that I've tuned into it, I can't unhear it.

non capisco

I like Ste's voice on Scarred For Life. He sounds like one of nature's enthusiasts. But I get it, podcasting is such an intimate medium that if you latch onto something about a voice that bugs you that's it done for you. I never finished that acclaimed podcast serial 'S-Town' from a few years back because the narrator's voice was ridiculous. The combination of extreme vocal fry and upward inflection made it sound like he was on the verge of tears on every sentence. It was a compelling story but I simply could not have that bloke's voice in my ears so I had to bin it and look up an online synopsis to see how it ended.

non capisco

Incidentally, anyone know what's happened to Mandatory Redistribution Party? They went on a "short break" what seems like ages ago. Probably the best podcast I've discovered through CaB that isn't Chart Music. 

Ah yeah. Mandatory Redistribution Party is brilliant. Deserves Chapo-level recognition (and remuneration!) given the care and innovation they've put into it, but it seems to have been slept on to a large extent. I think Sean Morley has mentioned on the podcast that he's moved to Holland, so maybe that's a factor in the recent lower output.