Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:02:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A boiled egg...but it's from the Ninetiiiieee-eezzzzz?

kalowski

Whistling dominated the mainstream, but it also played an important role in our subculture. With a thriving underground scene - located primarily in my school - it's no exaggeration to say that whistling was the rap music of its day.

Ferris

Very much of the old school (code for alcoholic)...

mrfridge

Not seen this before today. Partridge voice-over segment from Comic relief 2017. Lot's of brilliant lines and a bit of Edmonds chat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtfXOMRvJ-o

the

Quote from: mrfridge on January 09, 2020, 09:59:44 AMNot seen this before today. Partridge voice-over segment from Comic relief 2017. Lot's of brilliant lines and a bit of Edmonds chat:

Short and sweet, enjoyed that :) Cheers

Norton Canes

Phil_A

Quote from: mrfridge on January 09, 2020, 09:59:44 AM
Not seen this before today. Partridge voice-over segment from Comic relief 2017. Lot's of brilliant lines and a bit of Edmonds chat:

"Some people may complain about hygiene because the beans have had a bath with a man..."

petril

Kryton

I still think my favourite line is when he's denying his absolute agony of impaling his foot to focus on his Dante fires presentation.

'Lynne some of these people have come from Stoke!'.

non capisco

Quote from: Kryton on January 09, 2020, 09:42:46 PM
I still think my favourite line is when he's denying his absolute agony of impaling his foot to focus on his Dante fires presentation.

'Lynne some of these people have come from Stoke!'.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOH you're gonna have a good time! Just being a bit camp" is the MVP line for me in the whole foot spike saga.

Kryton

Quote from: non capisco on January 09, 2020, 09:46:47 PM
"OOOOOOOOOOOOH you're gonna have a good time! Just being a bit camp" is the MVP line for me in the whole foot spike saga.

That and the realisation that a thoroughly drugged up Partridge is still smarter than Michael (with his helicopter landing pad thing).

'It's a baby h'...

SteK

I like it when he says in the scene '..yer Daily Express' and his Manchester accent totally reigns....

Ferris

A former brother in law got me the full "goody bag" as a birthday present. Still have the digital watch (with denim strap).

kalowski

God, where to begin in one of the greatest comic moments in history.

"I'm not going to do it, Lynn. You pull your foot off."
"Lynn, you couldn't present a cat!"
"Oooh, it's a good paper"
"First award tonight, is for the best, Christ. Not Christ. Sorry, I keep saying Christ..."
"Don't shine that torch in my face, mate. I've just lost a pint of blood"

kalowski

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 09, 2020, 10:11:49 PM
A former brother in law got me the full "goody bag" as a birthday present. Still have the digital watch (with denim strap).
Brilliant. I hope you got a BIC-style razor and not a BIC.

Kryton

Quote"First award tonight, is for the best, Christ. Not Christ. Sorry, I keep saying Christ..."

Fucking hell yes, that actually gives me the biggest laugh.

Kryton

Also in MMM the whole combination of the Muppets, Taliban, Bill Oddie, the Ex SAS guy and the child caller with the tongue twister was fucking perfect.

Ferris

Quote from: kalowski on January 09, 2020, 10:14:09 PM
Brilliant. I hope you got a BIC-style razor and not a BIC.

Think it was an actual BIC actually so he's lost points there

DrGreggles

That entire sequence is the undoubted highlight of IAP2, but:
"Foot's come out my shoe. That's not going back in, again..." gets me every time.

Phil_A

Quote from: kalowski on January 09, 2020, 10:13:27 PM
God, where to begin in one of the greatest comic moments in history.

"I'm not going to do it, Lynn. You pull your foot off."
"Lynn, you couldn't present a cat!"
"Oooh, it's a good paper"
"First award tonight, is for the best, Christ. Not Christ. Sorry, I keep saying Christ..."
"Don't shine that torch in my face, mate. I've just lost a pint of blood"

"D'yer want some more glitter? Two grand that cost."

Kryton

Bono's house is good too.

Lad's with big hair.

kalowski

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 09, 2020, 10:25:41 PM
Think it was an actual BIC actually so he's lost points there
Perhaps but kudos for the digital watch with denim strap.

Ferris

Quote from: kalowski on January 09, 2020, 10:42:44 PM
Perhaps but kudos for the digital watch with denim strap.

He had to get it on eBay (which is dating it a bit) from China. Not an easy gift to put together.

Utter Shit

I watched Welcome To The Places Of My Life again last night and fuck me it is SO good! Constant laugh out loud moments - a couple of notable ones:

-Alan laughing to himself in the car for no apparent reason, until you gradually see a learner driver that he's overtaken come into shot.
-The argument with an unseen road user: "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it? I said what are you gonna do about it? Eff off! EFF OFF...she really shouldn't be riding a bike at her age". That reveal is perfect.
-The description of the leisure centre as having a "controversial swooped roof".
-Alan saying that he can get from his house to work in under ten minutes if he doesn't stop to go to the toilet.

QDRPHNC

This thread put me in the mood to watch the Dante Fires episode again. Agree the presentation is the highlight of the series, but good lord everything leading up to it is terrible.

robhug

I constantly think about the Sidekick Simon jingle in MMM

"Sidekick Simon, Sidekick Simon, Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!, Sidekick Simon, Sidekick Simon, duh-duh-duh-duh--duhduh"

The sieg heil's to the sounds of marching jackboots.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 10, 2020, 10:49:46 AM
This thread put me in the mood to watch the Dante Fires episode again. Agree the presentation is the highlight of the series, but good lord everything leading up to it is terrible.

The makeshift table & torch chandelier from earlier in the episode are still funny to me - as is Alan's Saffa accent

robhug

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on January 10, 2020, 11:09:22 AM
The makeshift table & torch chandelier from earlier in the episode are still funny to me - as is Alan's Saffa accent

But Alan, you can't

Quote from: Utter Shit on January 10, 2020, 10:05:47 AM-Alan saying that he can get from his house to work in under ten minutes if he doesn't stop to go to the toilet.

Yeah, I love these little insights into Alan's creeping middle aged health problems and his atrocious diet. His McDonald's ritual in I, Partridge, the vegetarian segment in This Time, the "and maybe a cap or two of Dettol, you know, depending on circumstances" line in MMM amongst others.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 10, 2020, 10:49:46 AM

It's just utterly demented isn't it? He can't get into Choristers, so his first instinct is to take a potential client to his unfinished shell of a house, utterly reliant on the competence of Michael and Lynn, and not one of the million other more obvious places like a hotel bar or a chain restaurant? It wasn't even a panic decision like when he eschewed his Travel Tavern room for Jed Maxwell's unknown house. The table/lights, etc. would have needed time to set up.