Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:34:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunt neighbour

Started by Barry Admin, November 26, 2017, 02:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

Quote from: canadagoose on March 18, 2018, 10:39:40 PM
The police have emailed the culprit? "Hello, could you stop being anti-social please? Thanks, The Police"? Why don't they get down to yours and sort it out? Jeez, I'd be raging if I were you.
Quote from: Barry Admin on March 18, 2018, 10:37:54 PM
Been waiting for this call from the cops all night. Just phoned back there and they've emailed the guy again. Bloody useless. Loads of tosspots arriving downstairs, I hope the cunts aren't on the Buckfast tonight.

H-O-W-L

On a darker note I can't say I've experienced the level of violence in this thread but my brother used to inhabit the room next to me in the share house I'm currently in, and the nature of both of our coexistence meant we came to blows a fucking lot. We're not talking about standard brother-sister knockabouts as kids, we're talking two adults effectively recreating the Grozny sieges between two rooms.

I vividly remember both of us alternately going arse-first through broken bottles and cans in his room while grapple-pummelling one another while Ozzy Osbourne's Hellraiser blared out of his sound system. Some of the bottles were full of his piss, spit, and blood-vomit too so it was rather fantastic soaking myself in disinfectant afterward. He eventually ended up using a riot shield he bought from a surplus shop and an airsoft rifle to fight me and seal off the corridor like 28 Days Later, while I made my own shield out of a piece of metal siding and a strap of duct tape along with using a table leg to knock the cunt back whenever he tried to make a phalanx march on me. Still got the shield, and it's covered in holes and has a fuckoff dent in it where he took a baseball bat to it once.

We're good mates now even if he's a twat and voted Leave, but I feel like it was only happenstance that prevented us from outright murdering one another. Proximity and isolation makes people fucking mental.

I'm fuming because I have a new neighbor moving in today who I can already hear has a yappy fucking dog, so this thread is giving me some therapeutic perspective.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: H-O-W-L on March 30, 2019, 04:09:56 PM
On a darker note I can't say I've experienced the level of violence in this thread but my brother used to inhabit the room next to me in the share house I'm currently in, and the nature of both of our coexistence meant we came to blows a fucking lot. We're not talking about standard brother-sister knockabouts as kids, we're talking two adults effectively recreating the Grozny sieges between two rooms.

I vividly remember both of us alternately going arse-first through broken bottles and cans in his room while grapple-pummelling one another while Ozzy Osbourne's Hellraiser blared out of his sound system. Some of the bottles were full of his piss, spit, and blood-vomit too so it was rather fantastic soaking myself in disinfectant afterward. He eventually ended up using a riot shield he bought from a surplus shop and an airsoft rifle to fight me and seal off the corridor like 28 Days Later, while I made my own shield out of a piece of metal siding and a strap of duct tape along with using a table leg to knock the cunt back whenever he tried to make a phalanx march on me. Still got the shield, and it's covered in holes and has a fuckoff dent in it where he took a baseball bat to it once.

We're good mates now even if he's a twat and voted Leave, but I feel like it was only happenstance that prevented us from outright murdering one another. Proximity and isolation makes people fucking mental.
If I could tell younger me anything it'd be your best mates in the pub are not people you ever want to live with, ever.

he

Jesus best of luck with this awful stuff.

Lost Oliver

Sound bloody awful Barry. Really hope it gets sorted somehow, shouldn't have to live like that.

Barry Admin

Thanks, it's all good now, he's waiting trial for murder.

Hat FM

so glad to hear you got rid neil. did you write about him actually leaving in another thread? i think i missed it.

Mr_Simnock

so it's official, barry admin has stood up to a murderer, I'll never moan about this place again, THE BARRY WILL TAKE YOU DOWN

Barry Admin

Bumping this just to note that Ryan's trial is now going ahead.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/edward-meenan-found-in-derry-alleyway-was-stabbed-over-40-times-court-hears-41039372.html

I've decided I'm gonna try and get moved outta here. Always put it off because of worrying about the impact on Jelly, but I've had enough, and burying your head in the sand and being avoidant only gets you so far. I'm now surrounded by the memories of a botched kneecapping; a really good mate who drunk himself to death right next door, and this fucking murdering prick who lived right underneath me.

Glebe

Hope justice is duly served.

Harry Badger

Just move to Cardiff mate.

mothman

Fingers crossed. Anything we can do? Bogus letters of recommendation? Help moving (*NI-based CaBers only)?

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 27, 2021, 03:34:57 PMburying your head in the sand and being avoidant only gets you so far.

I'm like this. But when you do occasionally find yourself with the motivation and energy to actually deal with something directly the relief from anxiety is immense. This also, I find, provides a kind of 'springboard' to deal with other things as it gives you a boost in confidence.
Love and hugs XXX

Sebastian Cobb

Fucking hell he's only 22 now.

Sorry you went through all that Barry, must've been even more awful having a psychopath neighbour who is still basically a child and therefore presumably even more unpredictable.

Barry Admin

Quote from: mothman on November 27, 2021, 10:49:30 PMFingers crossed. Anything we can do? Bogus letters of recommendation? Help moving (*NI-based CaBers only)?

No, but thanks! I need to get in touch with the doctor and just really actually get on the list, no fucking about and putting it off. The whole building has really deteriorated over the last few years.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 28, 2021, 12:06:58 AMI'm like this. But when you do occasionally find yourself with the motivation and energy to actually deal with something directly the relief from anxiety is immense. This also, I find, provides a kind of 'springboard' to deal with other things as it gives you a boost in confidence.
Love and hugs XXX

Thanks :-) my capacity for ignoring awful shit is quite something, but it does wear on you after a while regardless. And I do really want to get myself motivated again, and do more on CaB, get back to a bit of writing and such.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 28, 2021, 12:12:25 AMFucking hell he's only 22 now.

Sorry you went through all that Barry, must've been even more awful having a psychopath neighbour who is still basically a child and therefore presumably even more unpredictable.

Thanks mate. Yeah, and most of his chums were the same age, and people he'd met while in remand centres or whatever. I've since found out I was known as "the cunt upstairs" because of all the times I banged the floor and stuff like that. I would close and lock the front door of the building to make it harder for them to get in at all hours, but then he took the lock apart and fucked about with some bit. So I fixed it!

I got moved here because of another psycho teenager below me in the last place, but he looks pretty mundane now compared to Walters.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 28, 2021, 01:59:23 AMThanks :-) my capacity for ignoring awful shit is quite something, but it does wear on you after a while regardless. And I do really want to get myself motivated again, and do more on CaB, get back to a bit of writing and such.

I'm trying to motivate myself to get back into music. It's shit when it doesn't seem like it's worth it but it's like a muscle, isn't it? These interests atrophy with inaction and grow with exercise.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 28, 2021, 02:12:25 AMI'm trying to motivate myself to get back into music. It's shit when it doesn't seem like it's worth it but it's like a muscle, isn't it? These interests atrophy with inaction and grow with exercise.

Yeah that's absolutely true man. It's hard to find the time for everything also; I'd love to start playing guitar again. Just gotta keep trying though: never give up :-)