Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:37:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunt neighbour

Started by Barry Admin, November 26, 2017, 02:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

I wasn't asking you! Sorry, should have quoted Neil's post.

bgmnts

Beagle 2

Really sorry to hear this Neil, it's the worst thing ever. I can't offer any advice except the police can be useless but it's worth reporting to get incidents logged.

We went through all this when we moved into the flat we're in now. We had the police out countless times, but they essentially did fuck all of use. If he didn't answer the door they just left and that was that. They were round every two minutes even if we didn't call them for one reason or another but he just ignored them, the genius.

We were called as witnesses at one point because we found a lunatic on legal highs in our corridor. He was wouldn't fuck off and was basically speaking in tongues so we called the cops, but he bit one of them quite badly, god knows what he was on but it certainly wasn't valium. So we were called as witnesses to his court appearance, which we objected to because he knew where we lived. All they said was that our addresses wouldn't be disclosed (he was blocking our front door as the arrest took place) and if we didn't turn up we'd be prosecuted. Anyway, on the day they had the accused at the court but then he just fucked off before the hearing. We never heard anything else about it. Nice one lads.

The chaos, parties, dodgy fuckers, noise and intimidation continued until the landlord eventually evicted him more than a year later. They sold the flat and now we have a lovely smiley couple from India who are new to the country and happy about life in general who I sincerely want to French kiss every time I see them. Still hate the area and my flat though, it's tainted.

Those months were some of the worst of my life, I ended up on pills and in a right fearful state. You need to get these cunts kicked out or move yourself asap.

St_Eddie

Quote from: bgmnts on November 30, 2017, 12:07:24 AM
Upset but fair enough.

If it helps, I feel your pain.  Obviously Neil's too but please don't feel like your current situation wasn't read with sympathetic eyes.  I certainly read what you had to say and I emphasised and I'm sure others did too.  I'm in an equally horrendous situation as both yourself and Neil with my neighbours (and have been for 5 years now - not a day goes by where I'm not terrorised and bullied by them).  Personally, I don't wish to disclose details to relative strangers on a forum but trust me, I know how horrible it is.  I truly do.

I know that it helps me, at least in some small measure, to know that I'm not the only one suffering with vile scum for neighbours and I hope that you can take some comfort in that shared experience too.  You're not alone.

Stay strong.

manticore

God I feel so lucky. I've lived in lots of dodgy bedsits and had occasional noisy neighbours but nothing like the things described here.

salr

It probably won't work, but maybe have a word with him.

He might not realise what a twat he is being.

Lots of sympathy Neil.

We had the same thing happen in our old flat. Did call the police who initially weren't that helpful but through our call they identified a dealer amongst the blokes at our flat, started building a case and ended up busting quite a nasty gang and all the fuckers who had disturbed us got lengthy sentences. Which was nice.

It's hard to advise best course of action but do document everything. Talk to the council and if things are bad call the police. Am I right in thinking you're in social housing? Would they have the same landlord? In which case do report to them as well.

Sin Agog

Quote from: salr on November 30, 2017, 07:03:58 AM
It probably won't work, but maybe have a word with him.

He might not realise what a twat he is being.

Maybe this.  Go there without an ounce of hostility in your voice and tell him that you're a nervous wreck on the edge of a breakdown, that you no longer feel that your home is a home anymore.  You understand that they're not to blame for the paper-thin walls, and you don't expect them to spend their days tiptoeing around and talking in nothing but hushed tones, because that's just as horrible a feeling as living with other people's noise. You just want them to calm things down just enough so that you no longer feel so hopeless.  Say all of this in a sad, gentle voice, and you may just get through to him in a way threats and anger never could.

holyzombiejesus

Don't do that. You're talking about people who think it's funny to smash each others heads in to a wall and scream about it in the early hours. Please please please don't do that.

gib

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 30, 2017, 09:14:58 AM
Don't do that. You're talking about people who think it's funny to smash each others heads in to a wall and scream about it in the early hours. Please please please don't do that.

Aye.

Has Barry Admin posted since last night?

Attila

Well, not unless he dresses like and affects the manner of speech of Richard Attenborough in 10 Rillington Place.

(No, seriously, don't do that, Neil. I hope you're all right, as someone who's had horrendous experiences with neighbours-from-hell in the past. It's not joke, that level of stress in that situation).

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: Sin Agog on November 30, 2017, 09:05:03 AM
Maybe this.  Go there without an ounce of hostility in your voice and tell him that you're a nervous wreck on the edge of a breakdown, that you no longer feel that your home is a home anymore.  You understand that they're not to blame for the paper-thin walls, and you don't expect them to spend their days tiptoeing around and talking in nothing but hushed tones, because that's just as horrible a feeling as living with other people's noise. You just want them to calm things down just enough so that you no longer feel so hopeless.  Say all of this in a sad, gentle voice, and you may just get through to him in a way threats and anger never could.

or he could just say "Here are my vulnerabilities, please exploit them."

As others have said do not under any circumstances follow Sin Agog's advice.

Barry Admin

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 29, 2017, 11:52:11 PM
Is your flat part of a block or just a split house? Will other nieghbours be fucked off with this or is it just affecting you?

I hope you're ok.

Thanks. The next building is affected too, I heard the guy to the side of this cunt banging the walls. It makes no odds, I hammered the floor last night and could hear them just commenting blithely about it. I finally got to sleep at 5, and they were still going mental.

Someone a few nights ago got broken into and beat up in a "paramilitary style attack", and that puts me off going to the police. I am phoning the council today though. The sounds of violence and screaming last night were fucking insane.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on November 30, 2017, 11:58:20 AM
or he could just say "Here are my vulnerabilities, please exploit them."

As others have said do not under any circumstances follow Sin Agog's advice.

Yeah. Thanks anyway, Sin. I'm currently playing 6 Music at max volume to try and wake them up/drive them mad with Lauren Laverne. I feel exhausted from the adrenaline that burnt last night. Some guy called Ryan evidently can't handle his drink. Jesus fucking Christ.

the

I said my bit before, but when you get noisy events I'd still advise you to try and record examples of it, both for evidence and so you can effectively slap it on the Council's desk and say "do you think this is acceptable?".

Barry Admin

Quote from: the on November 30, 2017, 12:52:45 PM
I said my bit before, but when you get noisy events I'd still advise you to try and record examples of it, both for evidence and so you can effectively slap it on the Council's desk and say "do you think this is acceptable?".

Yeah thanks, I didn't respond to this thread and haven't even written about Oxide Ghosts as I've just been too worn out and couldn't face any of it. Wednesday nights seem to be even worse than the weekends, my Mum pointed out it's probably when they get their brew (dole). I have noted down stuff on my phone, and tried to record some of the violence last night. I haven't listened back yet.

holyzombiejesus

I think you need to speak with the other neighbours and do whatever you decide together. No-one can then be singled out, or need to worry about being singled out. Any letters to councils or landlords could be signed by several of you, even a few of you could go and speak to the dickheads. At least that way you may not feel so acutely targeted.

I also think you should try and find somewhere where you can just get a night's decent sleep. Even a hotel. We'll pay!

Neomod

When I was temping at Camden council noise got so bad for one mentally fragile tenant he set his neighbour on fire.

Now I don't recommend this course of action. Never had another complaint from that block though.

touchingcloth

Barry, I seriously think you need to speak to the Cunt neighbour, but when doing so I think you should adopt an air of both authority and vulnerability. When I think of someone who embodies both of those qualities I think—as I think we all do—of dear, departed Robin Williams. What you should do, therefore, is learn and repeat to the Cunt neighbour a verbatim version of the park bench scene from Good Will Hunting, and you'll be sure to soften his facade and become best of buddies, at least until he leaves for the west coast—Dungloe, perhaps, or Killybegs—to find his true love.

Your move, chief.

bgmnts

Can you piss on your cunt neighbour's door?

ollyboro

How about faking a letter from the council addressed to the occupiers? "Following numerous complaints from residents......we have been contacted by the police....be in no doubt this council takes the welfare of its residents extremely seriously...." Put a bullshit reference no. on it, perhaps the name of the Environmental Health officer, a genuine phone number etc. They might just fall for it.

touchingcloth

Quote from: ollyboro on November 30, 2017, 02:03:37 PM
How about faking a letter from the council addressed to the occupiers? "Following numerous complaints from residents......we have been contacted by the police....be in no doubt this council takes the welfare of its residents extremely seriously...." Put a bullshit reference no. on it, perhaps the name of the Environmental Health officer, a genuine phone number etc. They might just fall for it.

Or do the exact same thing, except pretend it's from the paramilitaries rather than the council, and they've just formalised their act a little bit and got themselves a letterhead.

Sebastian Cobb

Hire someone on the darkweb to have them killed.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: ollyboro on November 30, 2017, 02:03:37 PM

Yeah, "...from multiple residents...", spread the blame around.

Barry Admin

I went to the neighbour in the next building and said I was complaining to the council, and he said he'd do the same. So I phoned the anti-social behaviour department and they were very helpful. They are sending stuff out rather than visiting so he doesn't see them, and I've started a formal complaint. Me and the guy next door are wondering if he's even living there full time, or just using it for parties, and I passed this on to the housing exec when they enquired. I'm really nervous about reporting stuff on this estate, especially considering the caliber of his friends, but I'm not fucking putting up with that shit anymore, last night was particularly awful.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Good stuff; while reporting something can feel daunting for all kinds of reasons, you've absolutely made the best choice in doing so - and it's great that you've united with another neighbour, which should strengthen your case - there's no way anyone should have to put up with this type of behaviour.

Janie Jones

Just adding to the general 'been there/feel your pain' sympathy. I'd also endorse the approach Barry's taken as I think it's pointless confronting the perpetrators. I got a knife waved in my face for that. I managed to get one woman to come round to my house to hear for herself how much noise I had to put up with and she agreed it was bad and seemed apologetic but this is someone who was pimping out her own 16 year old daughter and breeding illegal pit bulls so she was unlikely to be very concerned about insisting visitors keep the noise down. I was lucky enough to be able to move somewhere better - getting those keys is still one of the best moments of my life.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Barry Admin on December 01, 2017, 01:45:55 AM
I went to the neighbour in the next building and said I was complaining to the council, and he said he'd do the same. So I phoned the anti-social behaviour department and they were very helpful. They are sending stuff out rather than visiting so he doesn't see them, and I've started a formal complaint. Me and the guy next door are wondering if he's even living there full time, or just using it for parties, and I passed this on to the housing exec when they enquired. I'm really nervous about reporting stuff on this estate, especially considering the caliber of his friends, but I'm not fucking putting up with that shit anymore, last night was particularly awful.

You ought to be careful there, lest you be branded as a "grass".  You see, reporting abhorrent behaviour is an absolute disgrace... apparently.  Rape a woman?  Not good.  Report said rape; far worse than the crime itself.

For.  Fuck's. Sake.

People are idiots.

Barry Admin

Yeah that's what I'm worried about.

Anyway I got the form to fill out today, and fuck me, the cunt has got his noisy cunt mates over again tonight. I'm hoping it's gonna be nowhere near the sheer insanity of Wednesday.