Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Theme

Started by H-O-W-L, November 18, 2021, 06:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does the pink make your eyes bleed?

AAAAARRRGGHH!
68 (42.8%)
No, it's lovely
46 (28.9%)
Meh
9 (5.7%)
An tSaoi
21 (13.2%)
pff.
3 (1.9%)
it will be better when we are all allowed to press our penises together onto it
10 (6.3%)
rail moat
0 (0%)
raoul moat
1 (0.6%)
Raul Panther III
0 (0%)
pisspot poo Pope
1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 159

Uncle TechTip

There's an option to hide signatures but nobody uses them. As a random example, Paul Calf has a location set, has a flair set, and is a golden member. All this info is in the profile header and appears on every post. It's hard to see where the post starts. The previous theme hid all this away.

Monospaced font in this reply box is a bit strange.

(Firefox on Android, yes I'm the one Firefox user left)

PlanktonSideburns

Ooh I like the quick reply button

Can't see any avatars on iPhone right now, love the darker colour theme

Barry Admin

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on November 18, 2021, 08:46:44 AMThere's an option to hide signatures but nobody uses them. As a random example, Paul Calf has a location set, has a flair set, and is a golden member. All this info is in the profile header and appears on every post. It's hard to see where the post starts. The previous theme hid all this away.

Monospaced font in this reply box is a bit strange.

Yeah that font is gross.

Will look into the other stuff later.

shoulders

QuoteOoh I like the quick reply button

Can't see any avatars on iPhone right now, love the darker colour theme

Tried both tick on and tick off on Don't Show Avatars, no avatars showing

Using Chrome browser & Android phone

To be honest, the layout change means there's more info vertically between each post now, which I find obstructive... the avatars would make that even worse.

It used to be fine (for me anyway) having that all packed to the left of the post itself. Appreciate that other people used to hate manipulating the desktop browser format on their phones though.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Actually,John Bluthal died on November 15th,2018.
(HWPV features definitely told me I wouldn't be shagging her on this date in 2018,though).As you were.

pigamus

I hate and fear change

Edit: The font icon appears to be in Stymie Bold Italic, like you get on the side of old sixties buildings, that's quite cool!

Glebe

I was worried that all YT links would turn into embeds (which would certainly mess up sentences with links) but thankfully it's a separate embed feature, sorry I sound like a complete idiot.

Blumf

Ugh! Site now has a dependency on ajax.googleapis.com

shoulders

What they could do with is a slide function allowing you to quickly check the poster details while still allowing for ease of reading.

thr0b

Definitely another request for a light theme here (or even enable the SMF default theme as a stopgap). It's very, very hard on the eyes on my desktop at the moment.

(Also, on Safari, the editor text uses the default monospaced font, which while at least it's not Courier, is still absolutely gigantic in this theme, though does at least give it the impression of typing on a Speccy.)

thenoise

Difficultly reading is a major advantage with the shite you lot post.

pancreas

Can I shock you? I quite like it.

The Guppy

It's a big improvement on mobile.

My favourite thing is sites that can switch their light/dark theme at dawn/dusk, like modern operating systems do. I don't know if that's possible and an easy thing to add, but if it is, and it is, gies it plz!

Icehaven

I'm finding this extremely hard to read. The grey and dark blue fonts are all but invisible.

GoblinAhFuckScary

i like the darker palette for certain, but i'm really struggling to read now. the theme somehow makes cab feel very web 2.0

the default font when typing in a message is a bit weird to read also. sorry barry I don't mean to be overly critical

yt embeds are cool. it's decent of you to offer pronoun options! thanks for keeping the site updated and all that xx

thr0b

Just realised what the new theme reminds me of. It's posting on NotBBC.

pancreas

Does this mean we get tags back tho

Butchers Blind

Wake up to this and my milk has gone off. FML.

Uncle TechTip

QuoteYeah that font is gross.

Will look into the other stuff later.

Brill, more generally thanks for all your efforts.

One more, the SSL cert is invalid

The Dog

Hello, my name is the Dog, I fell asleep in the year 2021. What year is this?

Dex Sawash

QuoteTried both tick on and tick off on Don't Show Avatars, no avatars showing

Using Chrome browser & Android phone

To be honest, the layout change means there's more info vertically between each post now, which I find obstructive... the avatars would make that even worse.

It used to be fine (for me anyway) having that all packed to the left of the post itself. Appreciate that other people used to hate manipulating the desktop browser format on their phones though.

Asking browser to show desktop version returns old style layout

The Dog

Do people still go for walks in your time?

The Dog

Did I sleep through clowne?

JamesTC

QuoteAsking browser to show desktop version returns old style layout

Ahh, that sorted the avatar issue out.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: thr0b on November 18, 2021, 09:49:43 AMJust realised what the new theme reminds me of. It's posting on NotBBC.

LET'S BUILD AN AIRPORT!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Also, nothing to do with the new theme per se01, but I seem to be having trouble in changing the writing under me avatar. I don't particularly want the current bit of writing to stay there forever, but every time I try to change it, I get telt that I'm not able to be changing me picture, even though that's not what I 'm trying to do ( I'm deffo trying to enter stuff under the " writing a load of old cobblers under your picture bit). Any reason for that?

QuoteDid I sleep through clowne?

Nobody sleeps through clowne.

Tell you what, I'm loving this "quote selected text" option when you highlight something in a post.

madhair60

Also can't see avatars. I hate this, change it back. (Not really)

GoblinAhFuckScary