Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,795
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:54:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Four Lions film cells finally arrive - what does yours say? [split topic]

Started by Marvin, June 16, 2010, 10:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marvin

Film cells just arrived! Scene with Waj getting his pictures at camp in a card frame that appears to be signed.

darkglobe

Quote from: Marvin on June 16, 2010, 10:16:20 AM
Film cells just arrived! Scene with Waj getting his pictures at camp in a card frame that appears to be signed.

Me too!

5 frames, 1 is them in their outfits, the other 4 I can't fathom....

And aye, is that Mr Morris' autograph on the back I see?

Neil

5 cells of the van going to London, CM sig plus "not at all angry" scrawled on the back.

darkglobe

Nice Neil, so he must have done different messages for them all, mine says "Thanks for rattling* the safe"

* I think it's rattling, handwriting isn't too good....

Marvin

Not sure what mine said as I had to go to work before deciphering it, it looked like 'Rusty no' but I have no idea.

Just to clarify it was 5 cells of Waj shooting the gun up in the air for his phone.

It may have taken awhile but it's a lovely little thing to get.

Neil

Marvin

"dusty not" I think, also pretty sure it's a bit from the same scene in that person's twitter photo.

Neil

See, what does that say about how creative he is, and about how he absolutely, completely refuses to lazily coast?  Same scene, same sentiment, but differently phrased comment, instead of just writing the same thing on each one.  That's a bit of class.

Lee

Wait, are these the long-awaited fundingmentalism email film cells? Must have missed that email... :(

Marvin

They asked people who were on the Funding Mentalism mailing list to email their address in November.

Lucky it was now, as I move house in under a month.

actwithoutwords

Ooh, this is exciting. Particularly when I realised I had the prescience to give them my home address instead of the place I was living at the time that I have now long departed. Hopefully they will be waiting for me when I visit this weekend.

Lee

Lee

Interior and exterior shots of Kebabish, signed with the word "bees". Good morning!

Neil

Quote from: Lee on June 17, 2010, 11:35:42 AM
Interior and exterior shots of Kebabish, signed with the word "bees". Good morning!

Chris_Swindells on Twitter had the kebab shop scene, and "officially chuffed" on his. 

I hope this fella is prepared to eat his words.  I probably need a facefull of my own, as I think I was quite cynical over the harvesting of people's email addies etc. 

Quote from: Jason SolomonsLions share

Close scrutiny of the impactful new poster for Chris Morris's film Four Lions rewards the reader with a rebuke. If you eye the credits at the foot of the sheet, amid the producers, writers and actors, there's the hidden line: "If you are reading this, find out what's wrong with you."

This is odd humour, even for Morris. It strikes me interested parties might rightly be looking in the small print for their own name. After all, the film-maker turned to fans for funding via a website called fundingmentalism, based at producers Warp Films.

The project, a comedy about jihadists, intially seemed too controversial for any traditional funder to touch, so Morris and Warp, the company behind indie successes such as Shane Meadows, began asking fans for small donations, from as little as £10, to get the early finances moving. Several established backers did eventually come forward and the fans' cash wasn't needed.

Anyone who did volunteer their pennies was sent email updates throughout the filming and I understand each has now been promised an "exclusive cell". I think he means a still from the film, rather than their own terrorist offshoot group, but you never know with Chris Morris.

bigger train

I have shots of the desert in Pakistan but it's really difficult to see what's going on!

Really chuffed with it actually; a really properly nice gesture. 

Anyway, anyone fancy a go at translating this?

http://db.tt/CFGcoZ

DJ Solid Snail

Balls. I remember the email going out originally, then them almost immediately saying, "Nope, never mind. We're fine for money after all" so I didn't bother signing up for it.

Damn you all to Hell!!

benjula

Clint Hollow

Mine said

'sacrilegious st. bernard'

Loved the film, amazing considering how long I'd waited to see it.

Really appreciated the cell, thank you Chris.

benjula

Laika

Got mine yesterday. I think mine says 'Most Unfurrowed'

I shall cherish this for a long while ahead.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I got the lads ready for the marathon, with the Morrisism; "Top Heck"

What a lovely thing.

Deadman97

"The Opposite of Shrugs"

I'm sure to be stating the blindingly obvious, but it's wonderful that everyone who offered to fund a bit of the film has been given... a bit of the film. I love this, and am grateful for it and for the body of work it represents to me.

Ronnie the Raincoat

I haven't gotten mine yet.  Anyone else in London not got theirs?

Crabwalk

Not got mine yet. Encouraged that I'm not alone.

My fingers are crossed for frames of a funny bit (hands covering beard) rather than a bleak bit (Waj confused in the kebab shop).

Maybe we could do Panini style swapsies of individual frames? 'I'll swap one of my exploding crows for one of your Honey Monsters'.