Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:13:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Robert Webb: 'I auditioned for Nathan Barley'

Started by dr_christian_troy, December 03, 2011, 02:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_christian_troy

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a350853/robert-webb-i-auditioned-for-chris-morriss-nathan-barley.html

That's a big 'what if' right there.

Although there are moments of Barley in his Peep Show character Jez, I'm intrigued if it would have been effective. I could see him as Jonnaton Yeah? perhaps, but not Dan Ashcroft.

It does make me wonder though. If you look at the ensembles Morris has had through The Day Today, Brass Eye and Jam, can you picture any up and coming folk you could imagine were Morris to do another television/radio project?

Little Hoover

We could be witnessing the coming of apocalypse and there would still be people trying to spin the possibility that there might be a 2nd series of Nathan Barley.

They're honestly using a quote from Brooker in 2008 as news?

up_the_hampipe

"Charlie Brooker and I keep having meetings, but nothing comes to fruition. I hope to work with him again soon. Maybe a 7-second podcast before we both shuffle off." - Chris Morris

sirhenry

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 20, 2011, 08:46:29 PM
"Charlie Brooker and I keep having meetings, but nothing comes to fruition. I hope to work with him again soon. Maybe a 7-second podcast before we both shuffle off." - Chris Morris
Black Mirror series 2?

dr_christian_troy

Icehaven

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on December 22, 2011, 01:17:10 AM
This would be excellent.

It could definitely have done with a bit of Morris-ness (aside from the obvious influence in the PM pig fucking ep) 

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: icehaven on February 18, 2012, 03:59:44 PM
It could definitely have done with a bit of Morris-ness (aside from the obvious influence in the PM pig fucking ep)

For me, Black Mirror illustrated the need for a decent anthology series on television. A perfect opportunity for a variation of directing, writing and acting talent, old and new, with a different story and approach every week. I sincerely hope they have a longer second series, and if so, have an opportunity for a variation of writers to collaborate with a variation of directors. In this respect, a Morris-Brooker collaboration on a Black Mirror episode could be something quite special.

yokel

I'd love to have seen Morris work with Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor, but it woulda have had to have been drug era Reznor, when he was at his most Jam-esque.
Otherwise, I'd love nowadays to see Jhonen Vasquez do something with Morris.