Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,808
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:48:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Steve Wright and the stammering tramp...

Started by pish, January 18, 2013, 12:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pish

This is probably an impossible ask, but does anyone know off-hand which episode of the Chris Morris Music Show that Steve Wright's encounter with a stammering tramp who fails to get his beg out, erm, comes from? It was such a throw-away thing hidden within a song (as I recall) that it may well have gone completely under the radar. Google's never heard of it.

As much as I love them, I haven't time to manically skip through all of the episodes, having been prompted by Wright's fat face currently featuring on the BBC News website due to some BBC fakery or other. Calling all obsessives!

"Heh heh heh, it's the stammering tramp - what's that? - I can't understand what you're saying, which is a shame because my pockets are full."

Will have to make do with Live Bates in the meantime. Thanks for any interest!

Subtle Mocking

Yes I do, it's one of only two episodes that I have. It was the Wednesday 10th August 1994 Radio 1 show, about 16 minutes in, during Dodgy's 'Melodies Haunt You'.

pish

Bloody fucking hell.

Just brilliant.

Thank you so very, very much.

I don't think anything I've ever heard or watched since these shows first went out has ever made me so genuinely "laugh out loud".

FAA? Is it still English?
Eat it, Bates.
Heh heh heh - the stammering tramp
How d'ya deal with yer dreadful cheesiness?
Martin Lewis' dismal index
There's a nun in there? What's she made of?

Oh... so glad to find these are STILL so life-affirming after nearly 20 years.

Artemis

"Look under F" ... "Photography"

I agree, these are still sublime.

biggytitbo

I don't think its funny to joke about a mass murderer frankly.