Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:46:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Types of Twitter arsehole you don't like

Started by canadagoose, October 27, 2020, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Dunno. It is mainly used in the context of racism but I've seen it used for fat, LGBT/queer and disabled people as well.

chveik

what about the twitter arseholes you like

idunnosomename

for the recent DESTRUCTION of PolProfSteve, have to shout out this account

https://twitter.com/wariotifo

BritishHobo

Quote from: popcorn on June 26, 2021, 11:01:28 AM
I don't get this guy RS Archer. He produces blatantly made-up stories of liberals owning Brexiters that get billions of RTs and I can't figure out if people just think they're fantastic or if it's some sort of meta thing and everyone knows they're made up, like they're some sort of arch parody that's beyond me.

Cannot BELIEVE this cunt is still going. I thought his well had run dry after the five-hundredth tweet in that BOLLOCKS story about the stupid Brexiter coming to France to argue with a mayor. All the centrists patting themselves on the back, pretending they had known all along it was fake, but that it was still very funny.

That one you've linked is exactly the same shit, as well. A stupid Brexiter falls for the tricks of clever Europeans, and sets about trying to contact the highest powers in Britain to begin a ludicrous and ignorant campaign against the evil EU/Remain plot he has uncovered. RS Archer unable to resist adding more and more and more to the story, as a five-minute encounter swells to become actually a four-hour epic in which he repeatedly manages to remember details that eclipse the original story for ridiculousness, yet somehow didn't warrant being mentioned at the start. "Oh yeah I also forgot to mention that when he first got on the train he did a wank on a Union Jack and did a Hitler salute as he came". Did he, aye? "Update, my dad has just told me that before the man even got on the train, he stabbed a man to death because the man looked like a mime and was carrying an onion!"

Going onto his Twitter feed, it looks like he's currently spinning a bollocks tale about an abusive Twitter troll who sends abuse from his work e-mail, and does increasingly stupid things. It's clearly bollocks, but why? It's not satire, because all it's doing is comfortably reinforcing people's stereotypes about the ignorance of their political opponents.

HE'S A CUNT

Kankurette

#FBPE Twitter is one of the best adverts for Brexit there is.

Utter Shit

Of all the types of Twitter arsehole around, this guy is the worst for sure.

Kankurette

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 29, 2021, 11:03:54 AM
Of all the types of Twitter arsehole around, this guy is the worst for sure.
I hate her so very, very much.

danwho9

Quote from: Kankurette on June 29, 2021, 11:02:24 AM
#FBPE Twitter is one of the best adverts for Brexit there is.

So fucking true.

mippy

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on June 26, 2021, 07:31:04 PM
I am married to Trevor Bastard - can confirm it's not him.

It does almost read like parody but I think the guy is serious but full of shit, don't understand why he gets so much traction on his tweets. That's my type of Twitter arsehole - people who tell clearly bollocks stories so that centrists can nod and applaud themselves. And anyone who live tweets or makes up "meet cutes", like this one which really backfired:
https://www.vox.com/first-person/2018/7/10/17553796/plane-bae-viral-airplane-romance

I'm blocked by that guy. No idea why. Never interacted with him AFAIK. Bit weird if it is a pisstake (which it reads as to me)

gilbertharding

Dunno if it's been on the board yet, but there was a whole thing the other day where noted centrist melt Tim Walker (@thattimwalker) posted the following:

https://twitter.com/ThatTimWalker/status/1409408676230795265

QuoteCronyism is an awkward one for us to address in journalism. Hard to find someone who can write about it who  isn't a son, daughter, sister, brother, other half of someone etc important who fixed it for them to get their job in the first place.

...which launched a frankly hilarious 500+ replies most of which was from journalists loudly proclaiming their lack of privilege (I got where I am today IN SPITE OF the fact I went to an independent school and Oxbridge or Durham I had to work for NOTHING when I first started!!) or missing the point in the other direction (I am the pothole correspondent for the Peterborough Advertiser, and I'm here to tell you that loads of my colleagues clawed their way into journalism without ANY family connections.)

idunnosomename

Speaking of melts I do find it both grimly hilarious and annoying whenever I see Peter Stefanovic getting excited that his video of Bozo the Clown lying has got a million views.

You know why it keeps going up? Because melts keep retweeting it in lieu of voting for a credible alternative at elections. And even if I dont unmute it, i give it a view too.

gilbertharding

I notice Lee Hurst has had his account suspended. I presume he was reported for inciting further violence against Chris Whitty, and surprisingly twitter agreed.

Fambo Number Mive

They seem to have restored his account. What do you have to do to get banned from Twitter for good?

buttgammon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 30, 2021, 10:20:36 PM
They seem to have restored his account. What do you have to do to get banned from Twitter for good?

If you spend years pursuing an obsessive vendetta against a minority which involves harassing and insulting people for eighteen hours a day over a long period of time, you might get banned if there are enough reports.

idunnosomename

oh fucking lee hurst is back already? boo. he is obviously playing a contrarian bit but he's not doing very well on followers. there are plenty of random anon accounts that have x100 more followers than this unfunny bald idiot