Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:05:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster s17

Started by MigraineBoy, August 24, 2023, 11:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MigraineBoy

Seventeen?

Tickets for the audience records at Pinewood Studios on 25th - 29th of September are available now:
https://www.sroaudiences.com/application.asp?show_id=1453

It wont be too long until we find out who's taking part, but you could take an early punt at anyone touring who has that week off.

Quote from: Vroomo on August 24, 2023, 11:51:17 AMIt wont be too long until we find out who's taking part, but you could take an early punt at anyone touring who has that week off.

John Robins did have some gigs on those dates, but they've been moved. So he seems a dead-cert.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Vroomo on August 24, 2023, 11:51:17 AMIt wont be too long until we find out who's taking part

Didn't they say at the end of the last series?

Bad Ambassador

According to TV Choice, the industry's organ of record, the first three seasons of TMNZ will stream on Channel 4 from next week.

Wezzo

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 24, 2023, 04:34:52 PMDidn't they say at the end of the last series?

That's for S16.

Norton Canes

Gurke and Hare

John Robins would be great for the person who moans all the time spot.

Rankersbo

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on August 24, 2023, 06:03:15 PMJohn Robins would be great for the person who moans all the time spot.

On the Facebook group for his radio show (with Elis James) there is a perennial "Why hasn't John been on Taskmaster." followed by people saying he would be too competitive.

Snrub

Know it wouldn't happen for them to be on the same one but would love for John to be on with Elis and then Elis to completely wipe the floor with John. I like John but it would absolutely be the funniest outcome.

Would have also thought John might be "too much" for Taskmaster, but maybe he might have a more chilled out vibe now he's off the old booze.

Robins could be anything from brilliant to Herring-esque boring competency to John Kearns shambles and possibly all three at once

centristmelt

Really hope Reece Shearsmith does it.

I've won tickets to one of the 1:45 tapings for this. For anyone who's been before; what time should I be arriving at Pinewood to make sure I definitely get in?

TheDreamIsOver

We've arrived about 10.30/11am in the past and got in as one of the first in the queue.

crumblingman

Pretty sure they're recording the first one of these today. Wonder when the line-up will leak.

MigraineBoy

Someone on Reddit who went to a taping said the 'unknown' contestant stole the show & Greg's quote was "Oh we're going to get our money's worth out of her aren't we?".

DrGreggles

Is that a telly 'unknown' or a very obscure comedian though?

Twilkes

They actually said "The one I didn't know" so that could be anybody, I'm sure there are Redditors who don't know who Julian Clary is.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 25, 2023, 07:57:36 PMIs that a telly 'unknown' or a very obscure comedian though?

The poster who said it did know who Sam Campbell was before he was announced for the show, so they seem quite with it as far as lesser-known comedians go... but who knows if that stands for anything.

Quote from: Vroomo on September 25, 2023, 07:51:55 PMSomeone on Reddit who went to a taping said the 'unknown' contestant stole the show & Greg's quote was "Oh we're going to get our money's worth out of her aren't we?".

Wouldn't call that contestant unknown.

SteveDave

Who are the contestants then? The Reddit loosers are all about not doing spoilers.

Not sure I want to be the person who leaks the lineup on the internet. I would say that one suggestion on this thread is correct and another is very close.

kitsofan34

So Ellis James is one, okay, one down, four to go.

Snrub

Given there have only been two suggestions on the thread - I'm going for - spoilered just in case.

Spoiler alert
Robins is the shoe in.

Given Reece is the other suggestion and he said he'd never do it I think - Hi Reece - Could it be Steve or Mark? Someone on Reddit said in one of the recording threads, I would have previously assumed as a joke, that "Gattis smashed the prize task" so who knows. That person was "corrected" by someone who actually did attend

Would laugh my head off it turned out it was Elis and Reece
[close]

RHX

Quote from: Bellalunaesme2 on September 25, 2023, 11:10:19 PMNot sure I want to be the person who leaks the lineup on the internet. I would say that one suggestion on this thread is correct and another is very close.

John Robins and Steve Pemberton?

cakeinmilk

I'm going tomorrow for the afternoon record. Not too far a drive but still going to have to leave ridiculously early to guarantee getting in.

I had a small fear that Alfie Brown, who cancelled lots of shows around this time, and is kind of cancelled himself, was going to be part of the lineup, but that concern has been abated.

MigraineBoy

Someone at a recording said the series features "one of the most outrageous contestant outfits."

Now I'm fearful it's fucking Robins in one of Freddie Mercury's looks.

crumblingman

Quote from: Bellalunaesme2 on September 25, 2023, 11:10:19 PMNot sure I want to be the person who leaks the lineup on the internet. I would say that one suggestion on this thread is correct and another is very close.

You could PM if you feel so inclined...

Led Souptin

Quote from: crumblingman on September 26, 2023, 11:33:18 AMYou could PM if you feel so inclined...

i second this. i'm not a leaky boy either promise!

Check the edits on the Taskmaster Wikipedia page for the lineup.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 26, 2023, 11:51:59 AMCheck the edits on the Taskmaster Wikipedia page for the lineup.

Ah! Not massive big-hitters (not that it means anything with Taskmaster) but it's promising.