Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:04:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster s17

Started by MigraineBoy, August 24, 2023, 11:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: joke on October 22, 2023, 05:59:23 PMAny word on the NYT 2024 lineup yet?

Unlike the series themselves, these have always arrived without any rumours.

Studio record is the week after the s16 finale, so we'll either get it as a tease after the final ep or they'll do a twitter post in-between. 

Alex said both the ladies in the s17 line-up had no real idea what Taskmaster was & were often bemused at what was asked of them during the record.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on November 15, 2023, 05:53:10 PMAlex said both the ladies in the s17 line-up had no real idea what Taskmaster was & were often bemused at what was asked of them during the record.
Not a great selling point for his show, that he couldn't find five comedians who'd already seen it, or who could be bothered to casually read a Wikipedia page.

Although I assume it was a joke? Sorry.

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 15, 2023, 08:22:55 PMNot a great selling point for his show, that he couldn't find five comedians who'd already seen it, or who could be bothered to casually read a Wikipedia page.

Although I assume it was a joke? Sorry.

He said he likes it. It makes for an interesting mix.  Greg mentioned Jamali Maddox & Daisy May Cooper being the same.

Looks like Nick Mohammed thought s17 was announced after the NYT tonight because he has hastily deleted a tweet

Crunk

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on November 15, 2023, 09:37:05 PMHe said he likes it. It makes for an interesting mix.  Greg mentioned Jamali Maddox & Daisy May Cooper being the same.

And I remember Doc Brown as well being the same too, also.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Now we've broken the 'comedian who was a regular co-host of QueenPod' barrier, I assume it'll be Sooz Kempner's go next.

Rankersbo

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 03, 2024, 05:59:11 AMNow we've broken the 'comedian who was a regular co-host of QueenPod' barrier, I assume it'll be Sooz Kempner's go next.

I don't know if we've been there, but do people think that 'comedian who was a regular co-host of QueenPod' and friend of Alex were considered too erratic and bad tempered to be booked pre coming to terms with their alcoholism?

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on January 02, 2024, 10:45:31 PMLooks like Nick Mohammed thought s17 was announced after the NYT tonight because he has hastily deleted a tweet

What did it say?

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Rankersbo on January 03, 2024, 09:02:05 AMI don't know if we've been there, but do people think that 'comedian who was a regular co-host of QueenPod' and friend of Alex were considered too erratic and bad tempered to be booked pre coming to terms with their alcoholism?

I don't think he'd been sober that long when he started filming, so probably not

s17 cast pic

For some reason, the last 2 aren't in alphabetical order.

Ja'moke

That Champion of Champions episode was the most classic feeling Taskmaster episode in ages. Not sure how to describe it; it just reminded me of the early years. Maybe because the tasks were mostly simple, like, 'do something really stupid.'

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on January 14, 2024, 09:08:43 PMs17 cast pic

For some reason, the last 2 aren't in alphabetical order.

Weird. Does anyone who saw a studio recording remember if they had them sat in this order or if it's a strange error in the promo pic?

cakeinmilk

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 15, 2024, 04:37:19 AMWeird. Does anyone who saw a studio recording remember if they had them sat in this order or if it's a strange error in the promo pic?

They were sat in the proper order during the recording I saw.

Led Souptin

Is Nick Mohammed really doing all his tasks in dracula face?

Virgo76

A promising line-up. Joanne McNally is the only one I am unfamiliar with.
I remember not knowing who Rose Matafeo, Lou Sanders and Sam Campbell were when they were picked too. It really can boost a comedian's career.

Tiggles

Looking forward to this and happy for Robins that he finally got on. I think the competitiveness might be back (even if it's only Robins with himself).

cakeinmilk

Quote from: Led Souptin on January 15, 2024, 07:24:49 AMIs Nick Mohammed really doing all his tasks in dracula face?

Yup!

Retinend

Is there no thread for the newest champion of champions series?

Norton Canes

FeederFan500

Quote from: Virgo76 on January 15, 2024, 08:01:30 AMA promising line-up. Joanne McNally is the only one I am unfamiliar with.
I remember not knowing who Rose Matafeo, Lou Sanders and Sam Campbell were when they were picked too. It really can boost a comedian's career.

It could be that I've watched the only two times she's ever been on TV but I think I've seen her on ITV a few times. Difficult to judge someone's comedic output based on ITV2 appearances though.

Rankersbo

Equally there are actors and comedians you think, "Oh this is a newcomer" and they are actually well known because they are always on ITV or in the sorts of programme you don't watch.

Twilkes

Yep, the person who hadn't heard of Matafeo or Campbell, those two had both won the Edinburgh Comedy Award prior to Taskmaster.

Virgo76

Quote from: Twilkes on January 16, 2024, 07:41:35 AMYep, the person who hadn't heard of Matafeo or Campbell, those two had both won the Edinburgh Comedy Award prior to Taskmaster.
I don't think either were exactly household names though.
Any more than (looks up list of past Edinburgh winners) Ahir Shah or Jordan Brookes are today.

Small Man Big Horse

The Chortle report on S17 had some interesting facts about viewing figures:

QuoteTaskmaster was one of Channel 4's most popular programmes of 2023 – coming in as the channel's third most streamed title of the year with 2.3 billion viewing minutes recorded. The launch episode of series 15 alone has had 85.4million streaming minutes so far.

I'm not quite sure if that includes BarB figures, or if BarB even exists any more, and I refuse to look it up.

Snrub

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 19, 2024, 04:25:42 PMThe Chortle report on S17 had some interesting facts about viewing figures:

I'm not quite sure if that includes BarB figures, or if BarB even exists any more, and I refuse to look it up.

That's purely from C4's own online service - BARB does exist but how it counts streaming is a bit complicated. I think they only count for BARB if it's viewed on a TV, so it will count smart TV catch up but it doesn't measure people watching on phones/tablets etc. It's very odd and outdated

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Snrub on January 19, 2024, 07:39:51 PMThat's purely from C4's own online service - BARB does exist but how it counts streaming is a bit complicated. I think they only count for BARB if it's viewed on a TV, so it will count smart TV catch up but it doesn't measure people watching on phones/tablets etc. It's very odd and outdated

Thanks for that, the whole BARB situation has always felt like a very inaccurate way to judge things, but after a brief google it seems to going strong still.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Snrub on January 19, 2024, 07:39:51 PMThat's purely from C4's own online service - BARB does exist but how it counts streaming is a bit complicated. I think they only count for BARB if it's viewed on a TV, so it will count smart TV catch up but it doesn't measure people watching on phones/tablets etc. It's very odd and outdated

BARB's website has a lot of stuff about how they do it. They now combine the traditional method (tracking who's in front of the TV) with technology in the wifi router and data from individual devices. So it doesn't just track what's on an actual TV. But as always it isn't necessarily accurate (I don't know how it would handle e.g. downloading stuff to your phone then not watching it, watching via VPN or mobile data, as well as situations where people don't clock in/out on the TV, different devices streaming to the TV, watching on unregistered devices...).

Fishfinger

The airdate's been announced on Taskmaster's Twitter as Thursday 28th March, at 9pm.