Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:00:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sam Campbell UK tour

Started by Tiggles, October 06, 2023, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g0m

cheers, nabbed one for dublin

Crunk

Quote from: Oosp on October 23, 2023, 12:18:56 PMCompanion is outstanding.

Anyone know what the music at the end is?
Go to 57:10 in Oosp's link.

SteveDave

According to Shazam it's "Sunrise on Planet X" by cindroj

Quote from: Blinder Data on November 02, 2023, 11:01:06 AMi know he won the award and lots of people say he's good, but i'm surprised his tour is in demand. he's hardly a household name. is it the taskmaster effect?

There's that and the fact he's doing reasonably small rooms. The space he's in at the Salford Lowry only holds 150.

phantom_power

His support of Aunty Donna would have gained him some new fans as well

Crunk

Quote from: SteveDave on November 06, 2023, 09:28:13 AMAccording to Shazam it's "Sunrise on Planet X" by cindroj

Thanks, Shazam failed to recognize it for me.

EDIT: ah. Sadly that's not it, your Shazam got it wrong.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Crunk on November 06, 2023, 11:08:39 AMThanks, Shazam failed to recognize it for me.

EDIT: ah. Sadly that's not it, your Shazam got it wrong.

My Shazam says it's something called "Afro Girl" by DJ D Money.

jimboslice

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on November 06, 2023, 09:38:39 AMThere's that and the fact he's doing reasonably small rooms. The space he's in at the Salford Lowry only holds 150.

He's sold out the City Varieites in Leeds which is a respectable ~500. Second date on sale now.

Quote from: jimboslice on November 06, 2023, 12:51:37 PMHe's sold out the City Varieites in Leeds which is a respectable ~500. Second date on sale now.

Fair play. I expect some of the smaller venues might end up being upgraded anyway.

Tiggles

Salford sold out super-quick, I really hope he adds another date in the Manchester area. Mainly so I can go twice.

Crunk

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 06, 2023, 11:14:28 AMMy Shazam says it's something called "Afro Girl" by DJ D Money.

I think your Shazam may be having a stroke. Can you ask it if it can smell burning toast? Any numbness down the left side of its algorithm?

Tiggles

Charlie Pelling is credited as composer, so maybe it's an original piece? I just checked his website and he worked on Don't Hug Me I'm Scared (as well as a bunch of other stuff).

edwardfog

Apparently it's an original composition by a UK musician called Nicky Green

edwardfog

Looks like he also did some of the music for DHMIS and the fucking banging theme tune for Microscope among other things

cacciaguida

Saw him at the Bill Murray - genuinely sensational

Even better than Companion which I had seen on youtube and enjoyed greatly.

Perhaps it was because it was 11pm but the intimate audience was delirious with laughter if that's a thing

Might have been the most laughterful hour of stand-up I've ever seen

edwardfog

Sick. Imo Companion, as great as it is, is his worst show since he started coming to the UK

edwardfog

Quote from: Crunk on November 06, 2023, 12:52:09 AMAnyone know what the music at the end is?
Go to 57:10 in Oosp's link.

Quote from: edwardfog on November 07, 2023, 09:56:13 AMApparently it's an original composition by a UK musician called Nicky Green

UPDATE/CORRECTION: it was Charlie Pelling after all! This intel in both its iterations brought to you direct by Henry Stone, who can procure the mp3 if anyone wants it

Just heard Alex Horne on the Geoff Lloyd & Sara Barron podcast say he has a part in Sam Campbell's pilot after someone else dropped out last minute.

Quote from: edwardfog on November 13, 2023, 10:18:22 AMHenry Stone, who can procure the mp3 if anyone wants it

Consider me [any]one who wants it.

QuoteSam Campbell's pilot

Fascinating news.

CaledonianGonzo

Hrs already done a pilot (Comedy Blap) no?

Captain Z

Just spotted Sam during a rewatch of Stath Lets Flats, he has a small speaking part as one of the guests at Harriet (Charlotte Ritchie)'s hipster group therapy in S02E03.

Tiggles

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on November 21, 2023, 07:47:18 PMHrs already done a pilot (Comedy Blap) no?

Comedy Blaps felt more like a showreel than a pilot for a sketch show to me. Wonder if he's doing something with a story in it? Although it's probably best I don't try to guess what it is tbh, I've got no chance.

SteveDave

I saw this the other day out of the blue

Thanks algorithm

Tiggles

More Bill Murray WIP dates up.

Tiggles

Crunk

Quote from: edwardfog on November 13, 2023, 10:18:22 AMUPDATE/CORRECTION: it was Charlie Pelling after all! This intel in both its iterations brought to you direct by Henry Stone, who can procure the mp3 if anyone wants it

Can he procure one for me please? DMs are open, as the kids (used to?) say.

Tiggles

According to an IG story he's just posted, this is quite the line-up he's put together for Brooklyn on 30 Dec:

Sam Campbell, Aaron Chen, Tim Key, Sarah Squirm and Cat Cohen.

Tickets here for anyone lucky enough to be in the vicinity.

edwardfog

Yeah I don't think I've seen a stronger lineup in my life