Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:42:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So I heard you like Broadcast

Started by Kankurette, July 23, 2021, 10:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Normally I'm arsed cigs about demos, but any new Broadcast material is fine by me.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 21, 2024, 03:14:42 PMNone of the tracks on Spell Blanket seem long enough to be the song demo'd live and best known as Dulcimer Jam

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. James confirmed that the song is called 'What You Want' but why isn't it included? The tracklisting doesn't even include a song title that I could interpret as being that song, or Eyes Open...

Jesus, this Follow the Light track is making me very excited for the album:
https://music.apple.com/us/album/spell-blanket-collected-demos-2006-2009/1733444366

Midas

Mr_Simnock

Head Gardener

I dunno if I've shared these before but collectors of the band here may not have seen them before, they are a couple of my rarest Broadcast 12"s the second of which I have never seen elsewhere.

press release

This is the beautiful UK white label test pressing with the 7" cut on 12" using recycled 12" lacquers, ie, each side has abandoned cuts on the edge of the disc featuring unrelated music. Side 1 has an aborted cut of Christmas by The Who from Tommy. Side 2 features the first three tracks from side 2 of Nevermind by Nirvana: Territorial Pissings,  Drain You and Lounge Act, the last of which is cut short.

Mr_Simnock

Have you perchance somehow ripped those tracks so you can listen to them on your PC?

Head Gardener

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on March 25, 2024, 10:51:44 PMHave you perchance somehow ripped those tracks so you can listen to them on your PC?
well I played them out on the show once but have just stored it as a nice thing and it's not been played since, the tracks are edited but they are Nirvana & The Who.

Midas

Midas

Both excited and glum that these will be the final released recordings