Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Communist woman DESTROY Piers Morgan on own show.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 12, 2018, 08:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ieXush2i

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 14, 2018, 12:48:25 PM

I think what concerned me a lot more was stuff like this:

Course it did, anything Utter Shit says gets your back up.

Do you still think Katie Hopkins is a hilarious pantomime villain?

Johnny Yesno

If this was really happening, what would you think?

Quote from: ElleLiterally a communist and literally our hero.

https://www.elle.com/culture/career-politics/a22126614/girl-shouted-communist-you-idiot-piers-morgan/

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: (Ex poster) on July 14, 2018, 01:31:25 PM

Can we stay on the topic of how fantastic Ash Sarkar is, thx?

Barry Admin

Quote from: (Ex poster) on July 14, 2018, 01:31:25 PM

See, I knew you'd do that. It's nothing to do with Utter Shit, but you had to drag him into it to try and cause drama. His post was the first one I came across that perfectly summed up the problems I actually had.

I tried to engage you seriously and honestly, and you immediately went into arsehole mode, and reached into your little dossier for things I said about Katie Hopkins literally years ago.

You're just a cunt. A really unpleasant cunt.

Sebastian Cobb

I get the impression if these were simpler times where stonings still took place old piggy would be there every week explaining why this person deserves it due to the heinous moral crimes they've committed, but he's fooling no-one if he thinks people haven't noticed he really loves throwing rocks.

Barry Admin

Two things here, (Ex poster), this time I'm going to give you a 2-week ban to see how the forum feels without you shitting all over it.

Danger Man, people are concerned your comment was openly racist, I'm minded to agree. I'd like you to explain it or apologise for it.

manticore

Quote from: saltysnacks on July 14, 2018, 03:29:12 AM
Novara Media is a great outlet if you haven't heard of it. I'm not a fan of this whole 'Class-War Social Democrat/ Post-Scarcity Communist' bollocks, though. Just say you're a fucking Communist (as Ash Sarkar does) who also chooses to engage with mainstream political discussion so you can actually reach people. There is no need to dress yourself up as Bastani does.

I think the 'post-scarcity' and 'luxury' things are important to talk about as Sarkar herself does because they refer to the particular technological conditions that exist today and the possibility they create for a society of much less labour. Anyone can see that the fact that people are still slaving and toiling 50 hours a week just to survive is absolutely absurd given the potential that exists for a different way of living so you're speaking to people's desires when you talk about that.

Bazooka

Not watched this, but saw her on the Big Question once,  can't even remember what the "Big Question" was but she enraged me on a Sunday morning.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Bazooka on July 14, 2018, 05:00:49 PM
Not watched this, but saw her on the Big Question once,  can't even remember what the "Big Question" was but she enraged me on a Sunday morning.

Yeah, I hate those people who make me so angry I can't remember what they made me angry about.

Bazooka

Sebastian Cobb

Z

Is there anyone who doesn't think Piers Morgan is a cunt though? or rather, are there people who think he's a well reasoned intelligent cunt?

Sebastian Cobb

It's a puzzler. He still keeps getting work.

Danger Man

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 14, 2018, 01:50:05 PM
Danger Man, people are concerned your comment was openly racist, I'm minded to agree. I'd like you to explain it or apologise for it.

It was a straightforward rather silly joke about 'penny' and 'rupee'.

If somebody can explain how it was racist then I'm all ears.

And I don't think I'm playing the race card when I point out that 50% of my family are from the Indian subcontinent so it would be a bit fucking weird if I was making racist jokes about myself. I've seen plenty of examples of real racism in my life to know that a word substitution joke doesn't really cut the mustard when it comes to racism.

But when so much online activism is nothing more than linguistic policing I'm not surprised I have to post this.

Funcrusher

What's the wi-fi like in the Goldman Sachs boardroom?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on July 14, 2018, 10:33:52 PM
It was a straightforward rather silly joke about 'penny' and 'rupee'.

She's British, mate. How does your 'rather silly' currency joke work?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 14, 2018, 07:04:32 PM

In my mind that's as close as Morgan ever got to Trump, and even then he had to bride someone with a £50 note to take a photo of him in front of AF1, and his tweet is all just horrendous lies.

Johnny Yesno

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 14, 2018, 10:42:45 PM
Urgh.

I'll leave that typo in so I don't ruin your joke, but it goes without saying I meant "bribe" of course.

Danger Man

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 14, 2018, 10:39:34 PM

Stop pretending to be dumber than you normally are!

And, as you've so clearly got it in for me, explain how it is racist.

Change the c to a p and you've got rapist. Something you've accused me of being and managed to get away with.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on July 14, 2018, 10:44:39 PM
Stop pretending to be dumber than you normally are!

Very good. Now, if you could just explain the workings of your joke, old chap.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 14, 2018, 10:39:34 PM

I guess we need to ask a poster who has some Asian heritage to decide if it's offensive. What does Danger Man think?

Johnny Yesno

Maybe he could explain the joke then he wouldn't have to tell us what to think.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 14, 2018, 10:49:35 PM
Maybe he could explain the joke then he wouldn't have to tell us what to think.

What's to explain, J. Edgar?

Johnny Yesno

Funcrusher

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Funcrusher on July 14, 2018, 10:47:45 PM
I guess we need to ask a poster who has some Asian heritage to decide if it's offensive. What does Danger Man think?

Not sure he's representative of 1.3 billion people mate. Steady on.