Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:33:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Raiders of the Lost Ark on IMAX

Started by spock rogers, August 23, 2012, 08:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginyard

El Unicornio, mang

Ryan Gosling? Good actor, can do action and 'world weary', and is very hip at the moment. Doesn't quite have the matinee-idol looks though.

biggytitbo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

biggytitbo

babyshambler

Nah, Harrison is Indy. Not arsed about someone else struggling through a terrible fifth film.

The Roofdog

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 25, 2012, 09:41:57 AM
Nicholas Lyndhurst.

I object to this only because it would rule out the Indiana Jones/Goodnight Sweetheart crossover I've always hoped for.

gloria

It's Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark now.  Call it by its proper title.

Nuclear Optimism

They should cast Harrison Ford's identical son Ben, who looks now like his dad did then.

In other news...

Quote from: Nuclear Optimism on April 20, 2012, 05:58:43 AM
At school we had a song we sang to the tune of the Indiana Jones theme.

Spunky bum poo
Spunky bum
Spunky bum poo
Spunky bum bum bum
Spunky bum poo
Spunky bum
Spunky spunk spunky spunk spunky buuum...

Needless to say, none of us became astrophysicists. To this day I can't listen to the Indian Jones music without hearing those lyrics.

I met up with an old mate from school a while back, who still refers to the films as Spunky Bum. "Do you want to put on Spunky Bum?" he would ask. My flatmate thought he was a nutter.

Kane Jones

I've just watched the painstakingly restored Blu-Ray version of Raiders.  Fucking hell, now that's the way to do it.  The film looks gorgeous, the detail is incredible and the 5:1 surround is full, rich and spacious.  Indy's whip cracks, pistol shots and punches have never sounded so huge. 
To quote Belloq: "It's beautiful!"

non capisco

I thought the bit where he says "I don't know, I'm just making this up as I go" was the apex of cool when I was 8 and after watching it again the other night I pretty much still do. And next time I get my heart broken I'm going to deal with it by getting drunk with a monkey and pulling a world-weary face.

Kane Jones

Quote from: non capisco on October 11, 2012, 04:38:04 PM
I thought the bit where he says "I don't know, I'm just making this up as I go" was the apex of cool when I was 8 and after watching it again the other night I pretty much still do. And next time I get my heart broken I'm going to deal with it by getting drunk with a monkey and pulling a world-weary face.

One of my favourite quotes of all time too. It epitomises Indy's character: a slightly crumpled teacher with good intentions who's always out of his depth.