Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Adjustment Bureau

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, January 01, 2013, 04:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Steels Stockbroker

I'm just watching this DVD, but let's start the thread already. Looks ok.

lipsink

I thought this film was a bit of a failure as it doesn't really know if it's a conspiracy thriller (which it seemed to be marketed as) or a surreal romance like Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

On the plus side, Matt Damon and Emily Blunt have great chemistry together (in a similar way Damon had with Minnie Driver in Good Will Hunting).

The Masked Unit

Quote from: lipsink on January 01, 2013, 05:01:08 PM
I thought this film was a bit of a failure as it doesn't really know if it's a conspiracy thriller (which it seemed to be marketed as) or a surreal romance like Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

It's been a while since I watched it but that was pretty much my exact take on it. Veers all over the place.

Sam

Light, silly, sweet, enjoyable.

Custard

I enjoyed it. Decent, if nuts premise, and as said, the two leads have nice chemistry. You could imagine them having a right ol kiss

I liked Roger from Mad Men running about in a hat

It's really daft, but enjoyable

Buelligan

I didn't like it, in fact, I didn't even watch it to the end.  I thought it dull, predictable and twee.  Please don't think I'm being horrid here, I was just disappointed that a good idea seemed to be rather wasted on something so ordinary.

SavageHedgehog

I enjoyed it, I found it much more engaging and likeable than Inception. But I recall it falling apart towards the end, including the revelation that
Spoiler alert
the 20th Century was so tumulteous as mankind was left to its own devices. I think you need only the most cursory knowledge of history to realise that at the very least there were certainly some centuries prior to that which could have been considered equally "troubled", even though in the film these years were pre-determined
[close]

Mini

I saw the first half in the cinema but then there was a power cut or something so we got a refund, which was annoying because I was really enjoying it. Then I watched the second half at home and it didn't quite live up to the beginning, though that could have been the cinema making stuff better than at home. But yeah, less cumbersome and more fun than Inception with a believable relationship at its centre.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

I liked it. Didn't know it was a PKD adaptation.

olliebean

Quote from: Mark Steels Stockbroker on January 02, 2013, 10:53:23 AM
I liked it. Didn't know it was a PKD adaptation.

To be fair, even having read the source story, other than the title you'd never have guessed.

checkoutgirl

I thought this was a load of old bollocks. The poster looked good as it reminded me of The Matrix or something but it turns out that it was
Spoiler alert
a love story disguised as a thriller
[close]
. Which is a fucking rip off. And all that shit about
Spoiler alert
putting on hats
[close]
. What the fuck was that all about ? And I hate Emily Blunt. Don't ask me why, I just hate her but I didn't think that would matter in the context of the film. But it sort of did matter as the thing was just a
Spoiler alert
romantic film with a bit of religion and running around thrown in
[close]
. Fucking shit. Definitely not a mans film.