Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept film posters

Started by Nuclear Optimism, April 09, 2013, 03:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

OK now I can't not see that...

Famous Mortimer

Scene: the office of the producer of "Pigs".

Producer (on phone): hey, love your work on the poster for our movie. I have a few notes - why does it appear that all three men are looking at different things? Is there another, hotter woman stood on the shoulders of the woman in the image that the guy on the left is ogling?

Glebe

Not a movie poster but here's what lucky Empire subscribers have to look forward to:

That's really shit. I wonder if the final version is some type of hologram cover or something. Still doesn't explain why they've gone with two Pacinos, one and a half Brandos, but no De Niro. Unless that's his giant hand.

Glebe

It's like the cover of Revolver has let itself go.

kalowski

Al Pacino doing his Kenny Everett impression.

Blumf

You paste a bunch of items into the editor, they all end up in the centre, job done.

Glebe

Pacino heaving a giant rose while a giant hand strokes his hair.

mothman

Quote from: Glebe on January 16, 2022, 01:38:25 PMNot a movie poster but here's what lucky Empire subscribers have to look forward to:

*squints* Joyeurs of Till Godevenir?

PammySpacek

Magnum Valentino

The idea (and execution) are funny, but the text at the bottom is properly hilarious.

kngen

Fuck, I was in a rotten mood today, but that has really cheered me up, particularly - as MV said - the text at bottom. Cheers!

Famous Mortimer

This may be a gag from someone that made it to the images section of IMDB and Amazon, but this is apparently the poster (more likely VHS front cover) image for 1996's "The Sweeper".

The US poster for East is East, which makes it seem like it's all about a blonde white girl? Baffling.

There is actually a blonde white girl who's a minor character, but I'm pretty sure that's not even her.

Shaky

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 22, 2022, 03:30:47 AMThis may be a gag from someone that made it to the images section of IMDB and Amazon, but this is apparently the poster (more likely VHS front cover) image for 1996's "The Sweeper".

"Either you in or in their way"??

That has to be a later poster/cover, obviously meant to invoke The Matrix.

Mr Trumpet

Peter Dinklage as Hans Gruber

Alberon

...doing his Kenny Everett impression.

Glebe

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 30, 2022, 11:11:11 PMThe US poster for East is East, which makes it seem like it's all about a blonde white girl? Baffling.

There is actually a blonde white girl who's a minor character, but I'm pretty sure that's not even her.

That seems like it might be inspired by this Tank Girl poster:

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: Glebe on January 16, 2022, 01:38:25 PMNot a movie poster but here's what lucky Empire subscribers have to look forward to:

Glebe

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 09, 2013, 06:52:15 PM

I'm reviving a post from nine years ago here but... Sandra Bullock, Thomas Hayden Church, Bradley Cooper and an uncredited Asian one.

Enrico Palazzo

Haven't seen the film but is Bullock supposed to look like she's in the midst of a killing spree?

Mr Trumpet

"From the producers of..." is such a feeble way to drum up interest, I love it

olliebean

Honestly scrolled past that thinking she was holding a big knife; it wasn't until I scrolled back up that I realised it's an umbrella, and the blood stains on her top are just a weird tie-dye design.

AsparagusTrevor

With Ken Yeong as 'Mini-Me'

Jumblegraws

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought this poster made the film seem like it's going to be way shitter than it actually is
ETA: apologies if someone's already ref'd it, haven't read the whole thread

Enrico Palazzo

Quote from: Jumblegraws on February 08, 2022, 10:16:10 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I always thought this poster made the film seem like it's going to be way shitter than it actually is

I saw that back when it came out and I thought it was a surefire theory of dating in honor of Steve McQueen!

Keebleman

Quote from: Jumblegraws on February 08, 2022, 10:16:10 AM

Having 'Donal Logue' justified to the left makes it look like they were going to add a second actor above the title but never got around to it.  Or maybe Mr Logue's lawyers intervened.

beanheadmcginty

They've spelt "irresistible" wrong.

Glebe

Quote from: Enrico Palazzo on February 08, 2022, 07:33:25 AMHaven't seen the film but is Bullock supposed to look like she's in the midst of a killing spree?

That's what I thought, like olliebean I thought it was a knife at first. It's a romcom accidentally advertising itself as a violent dark comedy.

Blumf

I reckon a comedy about a Sandra Bullock character being a crazed killer would be a good watch. Sort it out Hollywood!