Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on August 02, 2022, 05:12:30 PMHow odd, it's blocked everywhere but Egypt.  I have something that's blocked everywhere but USA that I've had no luck grabbing either, faffing around with proxies etc gets me nowhere because none of them ever work, so if anyone can grab yours maybe they can grab mine?
I got you. It's downloading as we speak and I'll send you a link when it's finished (or when I remember, so not immediately).

The Egypt-blocked thing is tricky because my VPN doesn't have an option for Egypt, and all the "dodge Youtube restrictions" sites just seem to use American and EU servers. I presume one of Nord's competitors will have one, so it might be worth getting a free trial with one of those (but a quick search reveals a lot of bot-created sites, which I'd be worried about checking).

Fat Jesus

I managed to download the video for @JesusAndYourBush (sorry, @Famous Mortimer, I didn't notice you had as well until afterwards) but unfortunately couldn't do the same for @zomgmouse. ExpressVPN allowed me to access Egypt but the video is still unavailable and isn't listed under the YouTube user's videos (when you click on their name).

Sorry about that Zomgmouse!

zomgmouse

No worries, thanks both for trying. My VPN can access Egypt but also doesn't seem to work when visiting the YouTube page itself.

Here's hoping someone else can try...

Fat Jesus

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 03, 2022, 05:03:02 AMNo worries, thanks both for trying. My VPN can access Egypt but also doesn't seem to work when visiting the YouTube page itself.

Here's hoping someone else can try...

I've been doing some looking around and if you want to see the original ending of the film it's available here. Only the ending and not in great quality but watchable.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Fat Jesus on August 03, 2022, 05:16:02 AMI've been doing some looking around and if you want to see the original ending of the film it's available here. Only the ending and not in great quality but watchable.

Ooh, thanks - maybe this is the best for now

Junglist

I should be able to get Devil Woman, will check tonight.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Fat Jesus on August 03, 2022, 03:59:33 AMI managed to download the video for [membe(=108]JesusAndYourBush[/member]

Thanks! Just grabbing it now.
EDIT: It cuts off at 10 seconds. I downloaded it twice just to make sure.

Hope someone manages to get that Egypt one!  I once encountered something that was blocked everywhere but a faraway island (something like Nauru) which seemed a bit of a pisstake, but Egypt seems more doable.

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 03, 2022, 03:24:09 AM...and all the "dodge Youtube restrictions" sites just seem to use American [and EU] servers...

I wish they did! The one I wanted was blocked everywhere but the US and none of the ones I tried would touch it.

zomgmouse

Fat Jesus

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on August 03, 2022, 10:40:28 AMThanks! Just grabbing it now.
EDIT: It cuts off at 10 seconds. I downloaded it twice just to make sure.

Apologies - I didn't scan through the file before uploading it. Unfortunately I think it's some sort of copy protection from YouTube* - I've re-downloaded it a few times and it always goes wrong at the same point, yet it plays perfectly on YT itself.

Why do they make these things so difficult?! (I know, rights and stuff, but still...)

I've also found a torrent which has some episodes but not this one.

Sorry about that!

*The video wasn't uploaded by a user but is provided by the studio Shout Factory, so they may have required such a measure.

Famous Mortimer

JesusAndYourBush

Yeah Famous Mortimer sent me a link for his download but that also did the same thing at 10 seconds.
Thanks to both of you for trying.  With your version I tried demuxing & remuxing the video and was able to get 22 minutes of video & unsynced audio, Famous Mortimer's version crashed the program when I tried to do the same.
I was aware that youtube was trying different types of protection for certain things but never encountered anything I wanted to 'have a go' at.
(I only wanted it for the Bobbie Gentry parts.  It'll pop up someplace eventually I imagine.)

EDIT: Oh that's weird.  On the Shout factory site they have a 22 minute excerpt of the show (which doesn't contain Bobbie Gentry although you see her at the start of the end credits) and it's the same scenes as I was able to extract by demuxing/remuxing the file.  Somehow they're protecting parts of the video but not the part they've already got on their site.

Junglist

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 03, 2022, 11:04:01 AMMany thanks!

So I can get it but won't be able to get on the PC until either Sunday or early next week.

Please feel free to DM me early next week as a kick up the arse reminder as I'm prone to forgetfulness.

Junglist

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 02, 2022, 06:53:54 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf338xhYPBU
if anyone is able to bypass the geoblock on this I would appreciate it - seems to be the only version of this film I can find with the original ending intact

This is on my site, 1 hour 51 minute version if that's correct. No seeders, and hasn't been for over a year but I can put in a reseed request in hope if it's correct.

It's under a slightly different name and director spelling, if it helps you narrow a search:

Al Baree' [1986] by Atef El-Taieb

zomgmouse

Quote from: Junglist on August 03, 2022, 08:18:44 PMSo I can get it but won't be able to get on the PC until either Sunday or early next week.

Please feel free to DM me early next week as a kick up the arse reminder as I'm prone to forgetfulness.

No rush at all, much obliged!

Quote from: Junglist on August 03, 2022, 08:33:31 PMThis is on my site, 1 hour 51 minute version if that's correct. No seeders, and hasn't been for over a year but I can put in a reseed request in hope if it's correct.

It's under a slightly different name and director spelling, if it helps you narrow a search:

Al Baree' [1986] by Atef El-Taieb

Interestingly that's the same spelling as on kg but the one on kg is 1h46 - so I suspect that 1h51 is the correct length, although that geoblocked video is 1h59 so I'm not too sure. Hmm...

George White

Midnight at Madame Tussaud's (1938)
The FOrbidden Territory (1934)
Saints and Sinners (1949  - OOP Network DVD is rare)
Old Mother Riley's Ghosts (1940)
Thunder in the Valley (1948)
A Bill of Divorcement (1940)
The Baby and the Battleship (1958)
Talk of a Million (1951)
The Depraved (1957)
According to Mrs. Hoyle (1951)
The Silken Affair (1957)
24 hours of a woman's life (1950)
The Abductors (1957)
Lure of the Swamp (1957)
The WOman with No Name (1950)
Genghis Khan (1952)
Naked Earth (1958)
The HIghwayman (1951)
Lady Possessed (1952)
The Beast of Budapest (1958)

George White

Ladder of Swords (1990)   
Dark at Noon (1992) 
Cold Justice (1992 - maybe the Chart Music-iest film ever - Waterman and Daltrey in Chicago)   
The Water Engine (1992)   
The Trust (1992) 
Mayumi: Virgin Terrorist (1990)   
Jack Be Nimble (1992)   
Radio Inside (1993) 
Highway 61 (1991) 
Even Hitler had a Girlfriend (1991)   
Shelf Life (1993) 
Number One Gun (1990) 
Eline Vere (1991) 
My Life's in Turnaround (1994)
My Father is Coming (1991) 
Chubby Brown's UFO (1993) 
Lawrence Tierney's Red (1993) 
The Mystery of Edwin Drood (1993)
White Room (1995)
Drive, she Said (1998)
Walls in the City
Eternity (1990)
Amazon (1990)
Over the Hill (1992) 

Small Man Big Horse

Roy Chubby Brown's UFO is online: https://archive.org/details/ufo_20211121

No offense George, but that took me 10 seconds to find, and I think it's a bit out of order to not even try to find films online when asking people to try and track them down. Plus while I am lucky enough to be a member of a few private film sites, and am happy to help if it's just one or two films, if I downloaded all of those my ratio would take an enormous hit and it'd take a fair while before I could obtain anything else for others, so I don't think it's too much to ask that you have a quick look online before asking for something, typing in "Name Of Movie" and then "Full Movie" will often be the easiest way.

George White

THanks. It's just I often use certain video sharing sites.
I keep overlooking archive.org.

Small Man Big Horse

Sorry for being so pissy about it, I just reread my post and it is unnecessarily harsh, and when I get the chance in the next couple of days I'll try and find some of those on the list - out of them all, is there anything that you would absolutely love to see?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 13, 2022, 04:26:51 PMSorry for being so pissy about it, I just reread my post and it is unnecessarily harsh, and when I get the chance in the next couple of days I'll try and find some of those on the list - out of them all, is there anything that you would absolutely love to see?
You're fine to be pissy about it, he's been doing this for years. Every time he posts something like this, at least half the movies he's looking for are a quick Google away (including several of them being on Youtube). I have no idea why he chooses not to look for anything, but expects us to do all his work for him.

George White

I have been looking. But I think I might need to serch, because currently I have my youtube fixed to the US option on my vpn, and usually itend to send ok.ru rather than youtube.
My actual watchlist is a lot longer.
And I'm currently in the middle of searching youtube and ok.ru for various 70s titles. And have found that in the months since my last search, about 5 of my wanted titles have turned up.

kaprisky

Jack Be Nimble is available from one of Vinegar Syndrome's partner labels, Altered Innocence, seemingly as a region-free blu-ray.

The Baby and the Battleship (1958) has been on ITV3 and Talking Pictures TV.

Over the Hill (1992) has been on Talking Pictures TV. It is directed by George T. Miller (the director of Les Patterson Saves the World, not the Mad Max one) and stars Olympia Dukakis and the late Derek Fowlds sporting a pony tail!

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: kaprisky on August 15, 2022, 12:15:42 PMOver the Hill (1992) has been on Talking Pictures TV. It is directed by George T. Miller

The "T" stands for

Quote(the director of Les Patterson Saves the World, not the Mad Max one)

Famous Mortimer

I've been trying to find "Bury Me In Kern County" for a while, an early Mary Lynn Rajskub movie (she'd already been in Mr Show at this point, though). Judging by the complete lack of reviews on IMDB or Letterboxd, I presume it's never been released anywhere, although I did see a dead link for it on one torrent site, so it's possible it's out there somewhere.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 20, 2022, 10:03:53 PMI've been trying to find "Bury Me In Kern County" for a while, an early Mary Lynn Rajskub movie (she'd already been in Mr Show at this point, though). Judging by the complete lack of reviews on IMDB or Letterboxd, I presume it's never been released anywhere, although I did see a dead link for it on one torrent site, so it's possible it's out there somewhere.

I think we may have both seen the same dead link (Cinemageddon?) but unfortunately I couldn't find it anywhere else, and not even the normally reliable Pass The Popcorn had it.

JesusAndYourBush

Does anyone know where I might find a subtitles file for Lemming (レミング) (1979), the one directed by Shuji Terayama with music by J.A. Seazer not the Austrian thing with the same name/same year.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on August 22, 2022, 04:51:52 PMDoes anyone know where I might find a subtitles file for Lemming (レミング) (1979), the one directed by Shuji Terayama with music by J.A. Seazer not the Austrian thing with the same name/same year.

It wasn't on any of the sites I'm a member of unfortunately, I found the film itself but it was without any subtitles.

Mobius

Where to watch Hamlet 2? The torrents don't work, and I can only find it on Amazon Video (where it costs money)