Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:26:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Shiternals

Started by madhair60, October 30, 2021, 05:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Please ignore the first four pages of this thread, person who's coming upon this thread for the first time; I just saw it last night and am pretty sure it's not worth a new thread. But maybe some other CaBbers have seen it since January.

I'm not sure that giving the Eternals human emotions and drives was that sensible, because there's a reason humans don't live for 7000 years. Most of us are pretty bored after 50. None of them used their power to raze a city for a laugh, or became a serial killer, or shaped a continent so it looked like a giant cock and balls. Or took their spaceship for a quick trip round the solar system.  And, given the penalty for ignoring Arishel was nothing (for Druig, at least), why didn't they help humanity?

Hello! I'm Arishel, size of several planets and able to make it to Earth in a few days from wherever I am. Why don't I just turn up and off all these Deviants myself? Er...look over there! *runs away*

How is Thanos's brother a slightly camp white guy?

It was mostly okay, though. I'm not sure it made any sense to take the wonderful Jack Kirby creations and turn them into this, but if you ignore the origins there was stuff to like. I wonder if they're going to just quietly ignore this film going forward, no more Eternals, no more Black Knight and no more whoever Harry Styles and that goofy troll were; or maybe it did better business than I initially thought.

One last thing - why were there so many references to DC superheroes in it? It's like having a Mercedes advert that says how great Fords are.