Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:14:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Winnie the Pooh horror movie to be released

Started by willbo, May 27, 2022, 10:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

When they adapted Winnie the Pooh as Thundercats, why did they change the character of Tigger so comprehensively into Tigro?  At that point you may as well claim it's an entirely independent work.

idunnosomename

If you copy the 1961- Disney designs or their original plot elements they can still come after you i guess.

That said the red shirt was introduced in colour merchandising by Stephen Slesinger in the 1930s, this is the evolved design Disney based their version off. I suppose you might have a case with that for another decade but who cares. This is so obviously not Disney, its a cheap piece of shit. Not worth their time

Replies From View

I would copy the Disney designs to fuck mate.  And their original plot elements to hell and back.

Fuck Disney.  I'll steal from them and they'll be happy with it.

Brundle-Fly

Escape From Tomorrow (2013) was maybe one of the first examples of this horror sub-genre. The movie was a bold undertaking and had some great ideas and creepy moments but ultimately it didn't quite work for me, if I recall.

Replies From View

From that trailer it looks like they've somewhat ignored the context and gone for horror that could have taken place anywhere.  Which you'd expect because it's a Disney project with a brand to preserve.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Replies From View on July 15, 2022, 09:38:32 PMFrom that trailer it looks like they've somewhat ignored the context and gone for horror that could have taken place anywhere.  Which you'd expect because it's a Disney project with a brand to preserve.

Not quite.

Escape from Tomorrow is a 2013 American independent horror film written and directed by Randy Moore in his directorial debut. It tells the story of a unemployed father having increasingly bizarre experiences and disturbing visions on the last day of a family vacation at the Walt Disney World Resort. It premiered in January at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and was later a personal selection of Roger Ebert, shown at his 15th annual film festival in Champaign, Illinois. The film was a 2012 official selection of the PollyGrind Film Festival, but at the time filmmakers were still working on some legal issues and asked that it not be screened.

The film drew attention because Moore had shot most of it on location at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland without permission from The Walt Disney Company, owner and operator of both parks. Due to Disney's reputation of being protective of its intellectual property, the cast and crew used guerrilla filmmaking techniques to avoid attracting attention, such as keeping their scripts on their phones and shooting on handheld video cameras similar to those used by park visitors. After principal photography was complete, Moore was so determined to keep the project a secret from Disney that he edited it in South Korea. Sundance similarly declined to discuss the film in detail before it was shown. It has been called "the ultimate guerrilla film". Rather than suppressing the film as Moore claimed would happen, Disney chose to ignore it.

It has been compared to the work of Roman Polanski and David Lynch. Although many who saw it at the Sundance Film Festival expressed strong doubts that the film would be shown to a wider audience due to the legal issues involved and the negative depiction of the parks, The Walt Disney Company did not prevent the film from being released. At the time of its premiere, Disney stated that it was "aware" of the film; since then the online supplement to Disney A to Z: The Official Encyclopedia has included an entry for the film.

It was released simultaneously to theaters and video on-demand on October 11, 2013, through Producers Distribution Agency, a Cinetic Media company. It has received mixed-to-negative reviews, praising its visuals and ambitious production, but criticizing its execution.

Replies From View

Ah yes.  Not quite as I assumed.

Looks worth checking out then.