Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:44:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Marvel phases 4, 5, and 6, 2022-2025

Started by samadriel, July 24, 2022, 06:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Thursday

I feel like 4 movies and 4 series a year is just a bit much, maybe just me???

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: madhair60 on July 24, 2022, 04:40:31 PMit's actually weirder to insist that criticism be kept to a separate thread. fucking lol. no.

Yeah, it's not crticism though is it? It's an obsessive need to repeatedly remind everyone how non conformist/anti monolith and intellectually and culturally superior you are. If I popped up in every Wrestling or toy figurine thread saying it's shit for cunts it would give you arseache.

bgmnts

To be fair I don't think I am superior or non comformist in how I consume media, I love x men comics and star wars ffs, but I do believe people who are still into this might need to be chemically castrated and put on a list.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on July 24, 2022, 06:12:15 PMYeah, it's not crticism though is it? It's an obsessive need to repeatedly remind everyone how non conformist/anti monolith and intellectually and culturally superior you are. If I popped up in every Wrestling or toy figurine thread saying it's shit for cunts it would give you arseache.
But the people posting in these threads are, mostly, people who watch Marvel things. If you watched wrestling or collected toys, then I don't think anyone would care if you showed up in those threads and expressed an opinion.

Famous Mortimer

Should we not criticise it because of how big it is? What are the rules for this thread, please?

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 24, 2022, 06:29:07 PMBut the people posting in these threads are, mostly, people who watch Marvel things. If you watched wrestling or collected toys, then I don't think anyone would care if you showed up in those threads and expressed an opinion.

For a start, you are a cunt. Secondly, no, they don't watch them - that would be as embarressing for them as me collecting toys.

Goldentony

qualify every criticism with some sort of explanation of your social standings and how you think society views you in order to properly figure out where it's all coming from, like if I say

"this looks as worthwhile as Barcode Battlers"

but then also add that societally im on the lowest rung, im not physically tough and don't drink lager or lift weights and usually im covered in barmcake detritus then we can strike out me being a 'hard nut' but what could possibly be my motivation then? it's weird, I don't like it but we have to do it

Mister Six

Quote from: madhair60 on July 24, 2022, 04:40:31 PMit's actually weirder to insist that criticism be kept to a separate thread. fucking lol. no.

Lumbering in with your same old cookie cutter "shit for cunts" moaning isn't criticism though. It's just boring, attention-seeking shite. I guess it worked though, so well done?

And I say this as someone who can't even be arsed to watch Thor 4 and who groaned inwardly at the thought of all this continuing for another two and a half (at least) "phases".

Dr Rock

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 24, 2022, 06:29:07 PMBut the people posting in these threads are, mostly, people who watch Marvel things.

No, they just fill up with the usual jealous haters making the same old points and not even any gud joaks. Hope you all enjoyed Top Gun 2 as presumably that's what you all like.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Mister Six on July 24, 2022, 06:41:27 PMAnd I say this as someone who can't even be arsed to watch Thor 4 and who groaned inwardly at the thought of all this continuing for another two and a half (at least) "phases".

I can't be arsed about Thor either but Werewolf by Night is coming in Halloween and apparently will be a black and white Hammer style Horror with mostly practical effects for Jack Russel and Man-Thing. They are branching it off so you can follow whichever strands you want, or not. I think by 2030 it will be done and they have a Covid backlog and DisneyPlus needing content and still huge demand.

Speilberg heavily rumoured for F4 and the Duffer Bros for the 2 Avengers films. I will fucking laugh when they get Scorsese.

bgmnts

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 24, 2022, 06:50:11 PMNo, they just fill up with the usual jealous haters making the same old points and not even any gud joaks. Hope you all enjoyed Top Gun 2 as presumably that's what you all like.

To be fair they keep making the same old films LOL

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on July 24, 2022, 06:58:39 PMI will fucking laugh when they get Scorsese.

"Rent-free", as the kids say.

up_the_hampipe

I think we can all agree that the comedy in Marvel stuff is atrocious. Just saw the trailer for that She-Hulk series. My goodness. I think I owe Brendan O'Carroll an apology.

Dr Rock

Butchers Blind

Do people who do Marvel fan also do the DC stuff? Seems like a lot if so.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm a huge comics fan and have enjoyed the vast majority of the Marvel films, but I kind of want a couple of failures in a row now, just so that they panic and bring in people like Grant Morrison, Jody Houser, Ryan North, Kieron Gillen, Kelly Thompson, Mark Waid or Jason Aaron to write the films, as all have produced comics which were mainstream yet incredibly smart and creative, and brought a fresh perspective to many a decades old character.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 24, 2022, 07:41:42 PMDisagree. It's hit or miss.

Thanos being all purple and silly looking doesn't count.

Blumf

Can't they just do a permanent 24/7 stream? Cinema screens running all day and night showing an endless film. Eight times a day, lights in the sky get punched. Sixteen times a day, former teammates have an argument. Regular as clockwork, at 7pm, a shadowy figure makes an ominous proclamation.

bakabaka

Quote from: samadriel on July 24, 2022, 05:44:07 PM...the next GotG is going to be the last with the present crew...
Any idea if they're going to replace them with the four original characters from the comic? That would be wonderful as they were all the last surviving members of their species, due to humans (even their mutated versions) innate urge to wipe themselves and their home planet out. The unspoken backstories were all really depressing and fatalistic, and when Gerber was writing them, most of the stories were about human self-destructive tendencies, which was so out of place in comics when they were written, over 50 years ago.
We're long overdue a Marvel heavy-handed climate change allegory.

phantom_power

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 24, 2022, 06:29:07 PMBut the people posting in these threads are, mostly, people who watch Marvel things. If you watched wrestling or collected toys, then I don't think anyone would care if you showed up in those threads and expressed an opinion.

If I didn't like wrestling and went into every wrestling thread to say the same thing about how I didn't like wrestling, I imagine people would soon tell me to fuck off. If someone were to offer up a different critique of Marvel films it would be OK but it is just the same shit regurgitated over and over. Let Marvel fans have their threads about Marvel films with the various criticisms about specific films or issues but the same people saying the same shit because they don't like Marvel films as a concept add nothing to the discussion

BritishHobo

I can't imagine what the two announced Avengers films could look like. Even when expanding the world, the previous ones always focused on the core six, with others as side characters. I wonder who that core team will be now. Will Samuel L Jackson still run things? In terms of the plot and wider universe of the films, 'the Avengers' feel a bit redundant now. Back in 2012, cool, six of them teaming up! Now there's about three hundred powered-up characters, and the scale is all to fuck.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: phantom_power on July 24, 2022, 08:11:53 PMIf I didn't like wrestling and went into every wrestling thread to say the same thing about how I didn't like wrestling, I imagine people would soon tell me to fuck off. If someone were to offer up a different critique of Marvel films it would be OK but it is just the same shit regurgitated over and over. Let Marvel fans have their threads about Marvel films with the various criticisms about specific films or issues but the same people saying the same shit because they don't like Marvel films as a concept add nothing to the discussion
This doesn't happen, though (I presume). Perhaps people who hate wrestling are just better than people who hate Marvel.

Again, what's the lower limit on Marvel things seen to be allowed to post in these general threads?

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on July 24, 2022, 06:41:27 PMLumbering in with your same old cookie cutter "shit for cunts" moaning isn't criticism though. It's just boring, attention-seeking shite. I guess it worked though, so well done?

hilariously it actually is criticism, by definition, so I absolutely irrefutably win this argument

Mister Six

All right, fine, but it's the meaningless, boring criticism of a tedious arse.

madhair60

it's fun to speculate which future MCU threads I will post further detailed analysis in, but I'm starting to feel like each thread is just a prelude to the next one