Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:24:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris interviews Gigerenzer about AI

Started by muddybug, July 13, 2023, 03:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddybug

A digital event hosted by World Ethical Data Forum

"Staying smart In A Smart World: How Do We Think About This Computerised World We Live In?"

From October of 2022

https://vimeo.com/773358982/1c95287c88

Midas

Noodle Lizard

Gerd Gigerenzer is a very Morrisian name.

Thanks for sharing!

M-CORP

Currently watching the chat, only watching this sort of thing cos it's got Chris Morris in it and I could listen to him discussing anything. Which feels terrible to say because of course that shouldn't be the point. But anyway, Chris and Gerd do a great job of cutting through the AI bollocks (long story short, it deals with certainties very well, unstable factors less so, everything else is marketing hype). Also some great one-liners from Chris:

Spoiler alert
"If we can't have pedestrians in the same vicinity as driverless cars, why don't we just all move out the town and let the cars get on with it?"
[close]

Buying the mentioned book now so I can feel even more intelligent, cultured and 'with it, man'.

Noodle Lizard

Yeah, it's a good interview and I'll be buying the book as well - although I would've been interested to hear more about the ways AI will inevitably be used against us rather than its inefficiency to help in several meaningful ways.

I'm really enjoying Chris turning up in this kind of capacity. Of course I don't really want it to happen, but I think he would be a fantastic podcast host.

benjitz

Quote from: M-CORP on July 14, 2023, 09:04:52 PMit's got Chris Morris in it and I could listen to him discussing anything.

I feel like this too.

benjitz

OK, so Chris is sitting in front of a map of the Red Sea Basin, obviously a clue he has deliberately left for us CaBBers to determine what his next project might be. Any cartographic aficionados know where the urban areas on the right might be?

boki

Glebe

Just watched this now, interesting, cheers for posting muddybug.

[EDIT]Just saw on IMDb, it's Morris' 58th birthday today!