Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:07:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection

Started by pancreas, October 24, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: sponk on November 06, 2019, 07:16:58 PM
Chris Morris was on the BBC earlier and spoke about the election. He said Corbyn's plans were admirable but "Utopian"
"A map of the world that does not include Utopia is not worth even glancing at, for it leaves out the one country at which Humanity is always landing. And when Humanity lands there, it looks out, and, seeing a better country, sets sail. Progress is the realisation of Utopias."

sponk

You tope if you want to! The ladie's not for toping

Pinball

king_tubby

Williamson to stand as an independent in Derby North. Given it's a marginal that could well swing it to the Tories.

Replies From View

Quote from: kalowski on November 06, 2019, 09:03:25 PM
"A map of the world that does not include Utopia is not worth even glancing at, for it leaves out the one country at which Humanity is always landing. And when Humanity lands there, it looks out, and, seeing a better country, sets sail. Progress is the realisation of Utopias."

With such low corporation tax some might say we've already been one kind of utopia for quite long enough.

A cuntopia maybe.

idunnosomename

Quote from: king_tubby on November 06, 2019, 09:34:17 PM
Williamson to stand as an independent in Derby North. Given it's a marginal that could well swing it to the Tories.
bit of a cunt then after all

colacentral

If that's true then yeah, well cunty. I do feel he's a bit of an egotist, being a factor in the clumsy statements he makes, knowing he'll get attention.

sponk

Quote from: colacentral on November 06, 2019, 09:55:59 PM
If that's true then yeah, well cunty. I do feel he's a bit of an egotist, being a factor in the clumsy statements he makes, knowing he'll get attention.

http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=13001

New folder

So fucking disappointed. Was a big supporter of his, till the end, but now he's just decided to fuck Labour out of a seat.

Pie Pie Eater

Quote from: greencalx on November 06, 2019, 02:49:46 PM
Someone on Twitter pointed out that the LD campaign logo looks like one of their dodgy bar charts.... with the red bar being the longest!

https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1192070581371523073

That's yer actual Michael Walker of Novara / Tysky Sour

Pranet

I got a letter from the government the other day...

Opened it, read it, said I needed to register to vote.

Now, I have been living at the same address for 9 years, I have been registered to vote for all that time and returned one of those "no change" forms earlier this year. I am not sure what is going on- I presume it is down the government's ongoing efforts at voter suppression- but it might be worth everyone checking they are still registered just in case.

sponk

Aren't they ruining their own attempts at suppression by sending you a reminder?

pancreas

Quote from: Pie Pie Eater on November 06, 2019, 10:55:46 PM
That's yer actual Michael Walker of Novara / Tysky Sour

Sweet sweet Michael Walker with his lovely face ...

Sorry ... I just need to go and ... do something.

gib

Quote from: pancreas on November 07, 2019, 12:04:24 AM
Sweet sweet Michael Walker with his lovely face ...

Sorry ... I just need to go and ... do something.

just need to go for a walk, you fulking walker

wordplay there POST

idunnosomename

Quote from: New folder on November 06, 2019, 10:05:03 PM
So fucking disappointed. Was a big supporter of his, till the end, but now he's just decided to fuck Labour out of a seat.
yeah he confirmed

https://twitter.com/DerbyChrisW/status/1192192053612077065?s=19

So much for taking one for the team.

Ascende calve, ascende calve.

pancreas

Labour needs to put someone in who is *really* popular with the grassroots. If they stick a Blairite in there, then they'll all go and campaign for CW.

Buelligan

That was quick.

Agree about the candidate, wish it didn't have to be like this.

gib

Quote from: pancreas on November 07, 2019, 12:19:05 AM
Labour needs to put someone in who is *really* popular with the grassroots. If they stick a Blairite in there, then they'll all go and campaign for CW.

Send them your CV!

Ferris

Quote from: New folder on November 06, 2019, 04:15:47 PM
Looks a bit like a fusion of all the Tinges:

The more I think about this, the more it looks like their slogan is "Change the Independent Group", which in fairness they absolutely did.

Ferris

For anyone wondering, I heard back from my electoral office - overseas postal ballots are being issued November 26th.

They heavily recommended I get a proxy vote instead for some reason, though wouldn't that be far more open to fraud? Anyway, there you go. Keep an eye out, expats!

greenman

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 07, 2019, 01:02:05 AM
The more I think about this, the more it looks like their slogan is "Change the Independent Group", which in fairness they absolutely did.

Change them from being MPs to not being MPs.

Pijlstaart

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 07, 2019, 02:41:35 AM
For anyone wondering, I heard back from my electoral office - overseas postal ballots are being issued November 26th.

They heavily recommended I get a proxy vote instead for some reason, though wouldn't that be far more open to fraud? Anyway, there you go. Keep an eye out, expats!

Think every council got bombarded with complaints about postal votes during the last european election. Mine turned up two working days before the deadline, had to pay through the arse to get it couriered, and no clue if it was actually counted. Proxy can gopro themselves for you, for peace of mind.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Pijlstaart on November 07, 2019, 07:37:48 AM
Proxy can gopro themselves for you, for peace of mind.

They can, but it would void their vote, void your vote and earn them £10,000 fine.

Sebastian Cobb

https://twitter.com/kyleakthornton/status/1192111740688982016?s=19

I am delighted to have been selected as the @ScotTories candidate for Glasgow South in the General Election.

A vote for me is a vote to:

❌ Say No Thanks to Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP's plans for Indyref2
✅ Get Brexit sorted
✅ For an MP who will put Glasgow first. https://t.co/JNpXIbkpkf

QuoteAll the guys down here at the Games Workshop are right behind you.

kitsofan34

How badly do you guys think the Green Party/Plaid/Lib Dem pact will affect Labour?

Dr Rock

If I'm a Green voter, and the Green candidate stands down, will I definitely vote Lib-Dem instead? Maybe I trust Labour more on every other issue, and suspect the LibDems are sneaky liars you should't trust not to go into a Tory coalition, or will never vote for them for their part in austerity?

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

Fambo Number Mive

Disappointed in the Greens and Plaid Cymru for doing a deal with a party which supported austerity when in coalition and whose leader took £14,000 in donations from the boss of a firm which had fracking licences across the UK earlier this year

https://twitter.com/victorialive/status/1144186897943519233?lang=en

colacentral

Presumably though the pact, for 40 seats, is a net benefit overall? As Dr Rock says, a seat where greens stand down may send those votes to Labour rather than LD. And presumably the majority of those 40 seats are Conservative.