Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:07:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2023 Final - Cerys vs TheGingerAlien

Started by Cerys, August 11, 2023, 05:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

A great final worthy of the tournament. Loved your work, TGA, especially your first return. But Cerys has played a blinder here, and so for that reason, my vote has to go to Ferris.

However, given he's not here to cash in on any votes in his favour, I'll go with Cerys.

touchingcloth

An absolutely brilliant final, with both players posting easily some of my all time favourite shots.

Cerys dominated the match, though, with her second and third shots being in close contention for shot of the tournament, and so I am also voting for Ferris.

Small Man Big Horse

A great match for sure, but the spoof of the Radio Times won it for me, so Cerys.

PlanktonSideburns

Spoon of Ploff

hamfist

KaraokeDragon

Great effort from both, for me Cerys just about sealed it with her final shot. STRONG final💪💪 💪

Vodkafone

Still Cerys, despite a valiant showing by TGA.

Clive Dogshit

Great matchup, last two in particular were wicked but can't deny HANS is a work of art, CERYS

Mr Farenheit

Cerys was most consistent overall. Paedo Times best of the match for me.

superthunderstingcar

I too love H.A.N.S. but I also think TheGingerAlien made a superb second shot with The A.N.D.R.E.W. System, so I'm voting for the intergalactic fugitive.

Shot of the tournament still Cerys's Cluedo shot in the semi-final.

touchingcloth

One of the most satisfying WimbleWrong tournaments I can remember, I should say. Not a stinker of a shot among the lot, at least once we do the sensible thing of discounting Ferris' entries.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Ian Drunken Smurf

BlodwynPig

pancreas

selectivememory

Voting is closed, and I can now reveal that the Wimblewrong champion of 2023 is... Cerys!!

A richly deserved title. She played a stunning tournament from the first match through to the final, which she's won 15-3. Congrats also to our runner-up TheGingerAlien for a superb tournament, and for playing their part in a cracking match here.

And of course, huge thanks to everyone who either took part or voted in this year's competition.

Right, I think that's it. Come pay your respects to your new champion. Hooray for Cerys!

touchingcloth

Yah boo sucks to the Lionesses, three cheers for the Bionic Asses.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: selectivememory on August 20, 2023, 02:07:26 PMHooray for Cerys!

Absolutely top notch wimbling - I was ready to tap out after the Stuart Hall one... Not sure how I even got three votes here, but I am most grateful - DM me bank details so we can square up!

Thanks to all viewers, voters and fellow wrongers. Massive thanks to @selectivememory for keeping us all on track and herding the 'wanking baboons' this year.

Congrats again to @Cerys!! Very, very well deserved and was an absolute pleasure to have my arse handed to me in the wimble arena.

Cerys

Thankyou to ... well, everyone.  Special mentions go to selectivememory for running things; all my opponents (billyandtheclonasaurus, I hope you're doing okay); those who voted for me (your cheques are written and awaiting postage); and last but not least TheGingerAlien for being my truly wonderful dancing partner in our first Final.  I love you all.

Cerys

And now there's a delayed 'fucking hell!  Woohoo!  Twenty years and it finally happened!'

I'll shut up now.

Mr Farenheit

Congratulations to Cerys a worthy winner and an historic victory

KaraokeDragon

Congratz Cerys

Jesus, what a tournament. Actually quite emotional now.

touchingcloth

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Cerys on August 20, 2023, 04:43:11 PMAnd now there's a delayed 'fucking hell!  Woohoo!  Twenty years and it finally happened!'

It's the stuff of dreams!! Netflix doc forthcoming, surely?

Cerys

Only if it's a docudrama and someone else plays me.  And you.  And everyone else.

Willem Dafoe, for preference.

Dr Trouser

A worthy winner, congrats Cerys! Also as usual a big thanks to whichever poor sod takes it upon themselves to organise this, big kiss for selectivememory.