Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:03:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rebel Moon (rebelious satellite film)

Started by Dex Sawash, November 13, 2023, 01:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quoterebelious satellite film

Pixar 'really running out of ideas'.

Dayraven

QuoteAnd there's a directors cut that is three hours long..?
Feels like a preemptive "c'mon, you gotta try the proper version..."

dead-ced-dead

A director's cut on a streaming service seems redundant. Surely part of the point of all these auteurs moving to Netflix is they allow the directors final cut from the off - hence the length of The Irishman/Killers of the Flower Moon.

Seems the only reason a director's cut exists is so Snyder can rile up his moron fanbase again.

Dex Sawash

The final shot of rusty C3PO with antlers was the only mild suggestion of something interesting, and that was still dumb.

Butchers Blind

This was utter shite. I could go into the ways it was shite, but it doesn't deserve it.

Dex Sawash

This director cut is meant to be a completely different film. I guess I'll watch it just in case it is a good completely different film.

Narrator; it wasn't

Blumf

Half way through this. Just don't. We're trying to have fun guessing the 'inspiration' for various scenes, but it's not worth it.

Massive disappointment, as Snyder can be fun when he lets loose in his bonkers way (300, the start of Man of Steel), but here it's all rather held back and subdued, even the action bits. Absolutely nothing you can care about.

Dex Sawash

REBEL MOON 2 TRAILER IS OUT

probably won't watch it

Dex Sawash

Butchers Blind

They made it, so might as well release it.

If part 2 also has a longer director's cut, will probably wait for that. I watched the truncated version of part 1 and you could feel it.

elliszeroed

Watched part 2. Utter utter shit. I've found enjoyment in most of Snyders films, but this doesn't even feel like a director/ writer on autopilot. It feels like he gave up and was in a "this will do" mood. I don't like to mind-read, but I can't believe he watched the completed version and thought "this is my vision, this is something to be proud of".

The only people who should watch this, are film critics who are paid to, and film students.

Despite the flashbacks, I didn't feel like I knew anything about the characters, although I did find hilarious that there was a 'characterisation segment' in the script, so the characters all told their backstories, to give them depth.

Avoid.

Oosp

Watched part 1 over Xmas cos it wasn't my house and I couldn't move from gluttony and boozedness. Dumbest stupid shit I've ever seen. But I did enjoy Ed Skrein. Maaaaaan, it was such extraordinarily dumb shit

elliszeroed

And so derivative. Why spend this much money and artistic power to make something so hollow?
I don't understands.

Mister Six

Quote from: elliszeroed on April 19, 2024, 09:44:38 PMAnd so derivative. Why spend this much money and artistic power to make something so hollow?
I don't understands.

Because Zack Snyder is meathead who can't actually make good films, that's why.

Dex Sawash

This was really quite bad. There are things that stood out as extra dumb/bad but not much point discussing any of it.