Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:54:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

How long ago was it that they said "THE GERMANS ARE HERE" as the Spanish domination of the cup ended...well ITS HERE FOR REALZ NOW

EOLAN

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 14, 2020, 08:31:14 PM
Imagine you're Messi stood on the halfway line watching this going on

It's how he wants them to play isn't it.

buttgammon

You'd swear this was people playing FIFA rather than actual football.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: buttgammon on August 14, 2020, 08:33:41 PM
You'd swear this was people playing FIFA rather than actual football.

Copacabana all over again

Inspector Norse

Quote from: EOLAN on August 14, 2020, 08:33:35 PM
It's how he wants them to play isn't it.

Yeah, but he must be wondering how they went from Dani Alves and Xavi to Nelson Semedo and Sergi Roberto in just five years.

Inspector Norse

Isn't the whole idea of ter Stegen that he's good at playing the ball out with his feet? He looks like an England cricketer trying to talk to a girl over the age of consent.

buttgammon

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 14, 2020, 08:35:31 PM
Copacabana all over again

It did occur to me, and the Irish commentators have said the same.

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 14, 2020, 08:39:46 PM
Isn't the whole idea of ter Stegen that he's good at playing the ball out with his feet? He looks like an England cricketer trying to talk to a girl over the age of consent.

Interesting to compare Neuer's ability at sweeping up outside the box as we saw once or twice. Definitely a more suave figure.

DrGreggles

Check out the big assists on that lad!

DrGreggles

Inspector Norse

Quique Setien there, look of a man who just wants to get on with uploading his CV to Manpower

chveik

DrGreggles

imitationleather

I'm sat in an East Yorkshire caravan loving this.

king_tubby

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

"I'd 8-2 be a Barca fan..."

Fuck off, Twitter!

Inspector Norse

My sister's boyfriend is from Barcelona, might send him a message to see how he's doing

Inspector Norse

Someone's already edited Wikipedia to make it say Setien is the "former" manager of Barcelona.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteGuillem Balague

Spanish football journalist on BBC Radio 5 Live

It is the consequence of many years of decay. Nobody has been intelligent enough to identify what is happening.

It's embarrassing. Barcelona changed football. That heritage has been thrown in the bin.

Barcelona is so political and the players run the show.

I feel this deserves an alt-right cry laugh emoji

Won't do so out of good taste

DrGreggles

Of course, Guillem Balague is an Espanyol fan and finds this all fucking hilarious.

mjwilson

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 14, 2020, 08:11:27 PM
Man City (though they have Lyon to get past first) will be looking at these two defences and spunking their pants

Inspector Norse

Yeah something might be coming out the other end too after watching Bayern's attack.

I do have a soft spot for Barcelona because my sister lives there and I like the place, and that team of a decade ago was genuinely one of the greatest football has seen - there are at least two complete demolitions of Real Madrid that will stick in the mind forever - but the club itself is an arrogant and aimless mess now; something like this has been coming.
With the Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets group they had a once-in-a-lifetime jackpot from their own academy, but their approach to transition has been baffling and they've been clinging on to their "elite" status for some time. Pique, Alba and Busquets are past it, the midfield is a mess with no creativity, and they keep spending £100m+ on players that don't fit. And that's not to mention the likes of Semedo and Lenglet who are shown up as jokers whenever they face a real football team rather than the Spanish equivalent of West Ham.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Clearly not anywhere near their peak now, but even then the Barca game was about winning fouls by diving, doping then vultures preying on bent refs and fear. They had loads of weak links but the idea was new. The depth of their fake overcelebrations and self-aggrandizing was easy new territory.

A cancer, a great side in the same way smallpox was a great pox. The fall can't be far or deep enough.

Wonderful Butternut

I should find this funny, but now I'm just fuming over the Athletico game. Liverpool would piss what's left in the competition.

sevendaughters

bet it's going mental on the Newell's Old Boys fan forum.

JarrowMonkey

Can anyone tell me why Paul Merson calls a throw in a 'throw on'?

bgmnts

Coutinho reluctantly scoring two against his current club in an embarrassing drubbing is quite funny.

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on August 15, 2020, 12:14:07 AM
Coutinho reluctantly scoring two against his current club in an embarrassing drubbing is quite funny.

2 goals and an assist in 15 minutes in a big CL game?
Barca must be very pleased with their record signing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: JarrowMonkey on August 15, 2020, 12:09:32 AM
Can anyone tell me why Paul Merson calls a throw in a 'throw on'?

Sub-par intelligence levels.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on August 14, 2020, 10:59:21 PM
I should find this funny, but now I'm just fuming over the Athletico game. Liverpool would piss what's left in the competition.

DEAL WITH IT

LOOOOOSERS*