Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:18:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Andy Fletcher dead

Started by Sebastian Cobb, May 26, 2022, 08:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

RIP Andy. Off to listen to Master & Servant now.

badaids

And he just has had enough.

earl_sleek

It's (not) a lot like life.

SteveDave

He's with his own personal Jesus now

badaids

Depeche Mode's unique division of labour has long been established, with each of the three remaining members having a distinct role:  Martin Gore writes the songs, Dave Gahan sings them and Andrew Fletcher shows up for photo shoots and cashes in his chips

vanilla.coffee

I expect he'll find God laughing.
RIP

dontpaintyourteeth

Fair play, he lived the dream for a while there. RIP

Piles the Beaver

Curse of Limmy. First Steve Walsh and now this.

Jittlebags

Used to really like DM up to around Ultra I suppose. They went a bit too 'stadiumy' for my liking after that. However, some cracking songs. I suppose Black Celebration would be my favourite album.

imitationleather

Very sad news.

Really wouldn't have predicted he'd be the first member to go either.

Jittlebags

Interestingly having a quick look at Black Celebration, there's similar stylystics (to me anyway) between the sampled vocals on Fly on the Windscreen, and that on The Pet Shop Boys Two Divided by Zero, on Please - both albums released in 1986.

Quote from: imitationleather on May 26, 2022, 09:29:33 PMReally wouldn't have predicted he'd be the first member to go either.
No. Indeed. Dave's already on his third or fourth life.

Neomod

Farewell 'Luke Warm Water'

Replies From View

Surprised he lived as long as he did with his heart made of a precious metal.  How was it able to pump blood?

prelektric

Erm... blimey. Who's going to stop the remaining members descending into all out, unproductive war now?

Norton Canes

Weird. Every single morning I wake up, fire up my phone and check to see if either Tom Baker has died, or Dave Gahan has died. Or occasionally maybe think has Martin Gore died. And it turns out to be Andy Fletcher who died. I mean when they were a band it made sense for someone to have to mediate... when it was just Dave and Martin, did anyone need to... ah never mind, RIP Fletch. There's a bit of Fletch in all of us, isn't there? Riding on the coat-tails, bigging up the most modest of achievements. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Glebe

It's just been one of those days... Ray Liotta and now this. RIP tall keyboard bloke mate.

I don't want to spread any blasphemous rumours but now he's died I expect he'll find God laughing at him.

I'm not laughing though.  I loved their music and Depeche Mode songs had some great lyrics.

badaids

Fletch's first reports are just coming back from the other side:

It's not a lot, (it's not a lot)
It's not a lot like life.

Just Can't Get Enough Oxygen

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

buzby

Quote from: prelektric on May 26, 2022, 10:38:15 PMErm... blimey. Who's going to stop the remaining members descending into all out, unproductive war now?
Well, now there's just two of them so any arguments will just end up as stalemate (Fletch's main job being to back up Gore when it came to these situations).

Ray Travez

Unable to shake the disease

RIP

prelektric

Quote from: buzby on May 27, 2022, 10:38:38 AMWell, now there's just two of them so any arguments will just end up as stalemate (Fletch's main job being to back up Gore when it came to these situations).

Well, yeah you're right of course. Sad news though. Been a fan of DM for decades.

bgmnts

Cottonon

Was watching the Limmy clip where he pulls up the 'Ultimate Fletch' vid, the one where he takes a break from clapping to eat a banana. Great stuff.

Has there been a decent book written on the Mode?

LordMorgan

Quote from: Cottonon on May 31, 2022, 10:08:27 PMWas watching the Limmy clip where he pulls up the 'Ultimate Fletch' vid, the one where he takes a break from clapping to eat a banana. Great stuff.

Has there been a decent book written on the Mode?

I remember quite enjoying the Steve Mallins biography
 Read it in 2001 tho I think, so just covers their 80s and 90s era