Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:17:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need help placing a memory: B/W film, climax is man attacked by lawnmowers

Started by ajsmith2, June 30, 2022, 04:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

... have a memory of seeing this on TV in the late 80s. Thinking it's probably British, 50s or 60s an Ealing Comedy or something similar. Anyway, the big climatic scene is a man being attacked by independently mobile lawnmowers in a garden or park. That ring any bells for anyone?

Shaky

dissolute ocelot

Never seen it but Norman Wisdom film The Early Bird apparently features a lawnmower attack.

There's a 1989 American horror film called Blades about evil lawnmowers done in the style of Jaws, but it doesn't sound like that.

Dex Sawash

bgmnts

Isn't there a Ray Bradbury or some other Sci-fi author story that was a progenitor to that stupid The Happening film? Where everyone just starts killing themselves?

Unsure if they made that way back when or I made it up.

Rev+

Sounds very much like Hovver Bovver.

Only sticking point is that it wasn't a film.

Blumf

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Blumf on July 05, 2022, 01:29:31 AMI don't think it's Over-sexed Rugsuckers from Mars (1989)
It's definitely in my top three movies about hoovers that get possessed by aliens, though.

Herbert Ashe

QuoteNorman Wisdom film The Early Bird apparently features a lawnmower attack.

I was sure I'd seen something (possibly with NW) on Talking Pictures in the last couple of years that might fit the bill, except that it was colour not b&w.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

This happened in Stephen King's Lawnmower Man short story, although not in the film adaptation. His books don't tend to work well as Ealing comedies though, so it's probably not that.

ajsmith2

Thanks for the replies folks, I asked on Facebook and I'm 90 per cent sure it is indeed The Early Bird: I'd forgotten that I'd watched it on our portable telly which was in B/W, hence me remembering it in monochrome though the original films in colour. Someone else did suggest the Jerry Lewis film 'It's Only Money' from 1962 which is in b/w and also features a killer lawnmower attack scene, but it's a nighttime scene which doesn't match with my memory.

Replies From View