Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:09:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wat2do in Llanfair­pwllgwyngyball­dgogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

Started by touchingcloth, March 19, 2024, 09:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

It's time for "another" one of "those threads". I've booked a trip to Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch but I'm not sure what to do in Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Have any CaBbers who have been to or are from Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch got any tips for interesting things to do in Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch? The sorts of things I'd be interested in are the Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch church or Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch cathedral if Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch has a good church or cathedral, but equally I'd be up for visiting the Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch brewery or Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch national park or any other breweries or national parks within a maximum of about five miles of Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch because I won't have a car in Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and plan to get around Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch on foot as much as possible.

If anyone lives near to Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch I'd love to meet for a pint in a nice quiet pub in Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch or maybe even doing a Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch pub crawl around Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch's best pubs.

Captain Z

You could visit St Mary's Church - it's in the hollow of the white hazel near the fierce whirlpool and the church of Tysilio, by the red cave.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Captain Z on March 19, 2024, 10:08:02 PMYou could visit St Mary's Church - it's in the hollow of the white hazel near the fierce whirlpool and the church of Tysilio, by the red cave.

I have absolutely no interest in any of this.

dontpaintyourteeth

Spudgun

How long are you in Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch? You can easily pass a couple of days reading the "Welcome to Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" sign.

Just don't do what I did, and accidentally go to Llanfairpwllgwyngyballgaggerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch instead of going to Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. That place is a proper shit hole.

Captain Z

Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch museum has a wonderful collection of glis glises.

Sign the guest book and say you've come from Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Theoretical Dentist on March 19, 2024, 10:57:18 PMSign the guest book and say you've come from Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu.

I haven't come from Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu. I'm going to Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Sorry for the confusion.

touchingcloth

The formatting in this thread about Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch has gone very weird. Does anyone have tips for posting content about Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch so that it doesn't go weird and we can discuss Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch simply ready for my trip to Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?

You could try sprinkling soft hyphen characters (U+00AD) throughout long place names like Llan�fair�pwll�gwyn�gy�balld�go�gery�chwyrnd�ro�bwll�llan�tysilio�go�go�goch and Tau�mata�whaka�tangi�hanga�koauauo�tama�tea�turi�puka�ka�pi�ki�maunga�horo�nu�kupo�kai�whe�nua�kita�na�tahu so long place names like Llan�fair�pwll�gwyn�gy�balld�go�gery�chwyrnd�ro�bwll�llan�tysilio�go�go�goch and Tau�mata�whaka�tangi�hanga�koauauo�tama�tea�turi�puka�ka�pi�ki�maunga�horo�nu�kupo�kai�whe�nua�kita�na�tahu can be hyphenated at the browser's discretion. Or you could lobby for the forum's style sheets to be changed so long place names like Llan�fair�pwll�gwyn�gy�balld�go�gery�chwyrnd�ro�bwll�llan�tysilio�go�go�goch and Tau�mata�whaka�tangi�hanga�koauauo�tama�tea�turi�puka�ka�pi�ki�maunga�horo�nu�kupo�kai�whe�nua�kita�na�tahu can be hyphenated automatically, albeit with less control over where hyphenation occurs.

Edit: it's possible that this will all get fucked up in the editing box and all your attempts to insert U+00AD SOFT HYPHEN will be replaced with U+FFFD REPLACEMENT CHARACTER and just make things even worse.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Theoretical Dentist on March 19, 2024, 11:40:14 PMYou could try sprinkling soft hyphen characters (U+00AD) throughout long place names like Llan�fair�pwll�gwyn�gy�balld�go�gery�chwyrnd�ro�bwll�llan�tysilio�go�go�goch and Tau�mata�whaka�tangi�hanga�koauauo�tama�tea�turi�puka�ka�pi�ki�maunga�horo�nu�kupo�kai�whe�nua�kita�na�tahu so long place names like Llan�fair�pwll�gwyn�gy�balld�go�gery�chwyrnd�ro�bwll�llan�tysilio�go�go�goch and Tau�mata�whaka�tangi�hanga�koauauo�tama�tea�turi�puka�ka�pi�ki�maunga�horo�nu�kupo�kai�whe�nua�kita�na�tahu can be hyphenated at the browser's discretion. Or you could lobby for the forum's style sheets to be changed so long place names like Llan�fair�pwll�gwyn�gy�balld�go�gery�chwyrnd�ro�bwll�llan�tysilio�go�go�goch and Tau�mata�whaka�tangi�hanga�koauauo�tama�tea�turi�puka�ka�pi�ki�maunga�horo�nu�kupo�kai�whe�nua�kita�na�tahu can be hyphenated automatically, albeit with less control over where hyphenation occurs.

Edit: it's possible that this will all get fucked up in the editing box and all your attempts to insert U+00AD SOFT HYPHEN will be replaced with U+FFFD REPLACEMENT CHARACTER and just make things even worse.

Please don't talk about U+00AD SOFT HYPHEN or U+FFFD REPLACEMENT CHARACTER. I'm sure they're lovely, but try and stay on topic because this is about me visiting Llanfairpwllgwyngyballdgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

dissolute ocelot

You should steal the road signs.

I heard there's a fair in there somewhere.