Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:27:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is anyone else’s iPhone constantly saying “check your ring”?

Started by Replies From View, December 28, 2022, 12:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Ever since the latest iOS upgrade I've been receiving routine notifications advising me to "check [my] ring" and updates about how far my "ring" has moved and things like this.  I have no idea what it's barking on about.

Anyone else?

It's from a new app called "fitness". I guess you can turn off notifications for that app.

dontpaintyourteeth

I'm really sorry but I honestly just assumed this was supposed to be in h.s. art

touchingcloth

I think the first time I saw this the message was "YOU HAVE FILLED YOUR RING".

I deleted the Fitness app while thinking "I bet I have, me dirty old bollocks" and considered it a ring well filled.

greencalx

I think the advice to check your ring, particularly at this time of year, is to be well-heeded.

Dex Sawash

Famous Mortimer

Consignia

Replies From View

I mentioned this "check your ring" notification business in a friends' WhatsApp group.  First person said "prostate problems?" as if to notice for the first time that ring could mean arse, and presuming that it wasn't the reason I'd brought it up in the first place.  And the rest gave genuine suggestions for what this "ring" could be.  "Maybe it's a kind of fitness wristband like a smartwatch".

So that's good