Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:15:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

YouTube vídeos with random organ music

Started by touchingcloth, January 10, 2023, 10:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

I've been watching Taskmaster NZ on YouTube, and for some reason about 10 minutes into each episode the sound is replaced with a couple of minutes of organ music.

What's that all about, then? If it's a prank then they've spent a lot of effort uploading 30 episodes across three series with the same musical spam, but I can't think of anything else that would motivate it.

BJBMK2

A misguided attempt at copyright strike evasion?

touchingcloth

Cuellar

BJBMK2

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 10, 2023, 10:49:01 PMHow would that work?

Well, speaking as not an expert, I guess it's the same principle as those "Full episodes" of random assorted TV shows you see, where the picture in places is randomly stretched, shrunk, inverted etc, in the style of those old Jam DVD extras, in an attempt to catch out automated copyright detection systems. The copyright machines also look out for audio too, I would imagine.

That's why I said misguided, cos I'm not sure why it would just be a short excerpt of each video? But to answer your question, that's the only reason I can think of, why the uploader might have made that decision.

Or Andy Kaufman is still alive and really into Taskmaster.

touchingcloth

It makes a kind of dumb sense, but given that Shazam can identify a song from hearing a couple of seconds it must be ultimately futile unless the YouTube engineers are even dumber than the uploader.

Famous Mortimer

Are you certain it's not on the original broadcast? I'm not sure why that would be, but you never know.

touchingcloth

It's not. I have the original episodes on my hard drive, I just started rewatching on YouTube when I was away from home without access to it.

Some of the YouTube episodes have the music as relatively unobtrusive and you can still hear the episode in the background, and others it's like they've completely replaced the original audio so it's all organ.

Glebe