Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:28:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Decently Priced Antivirus?

Started by Malcy, January 24, 2023, 07:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

My dad ended up with a load of free yearly Kaspersky plans. Only ordered one from Curry's and they sent him multiple. I renewed this time last year and it was about £15 and now it says they've been trying to auto renew at around £40 quid but luckily my payment details are incorrect.

Don't really want to pay that so is there a good alternative that's a bit cheaper?

JaDanketies

I have never used anything other than the native antivirus (ie Windows Security at the moment), and I'm a bit of a nerd like

Get uBlock Origin extension for your browser

itsfredtitmus

be like the rest of us and obsessively scan with malwarebytes every day or whenever your computer slightly stutters

Captain Z

Managed ok for years with AVG Free. During installation and yearly renewal it will try and get you to click the options for the paid version, but as long as you select the free version it will work perfectly well.

Famous Mortimer

I'd like one that didn't annoy me with popups to get the paid version, or the extra VPN service, or whatever.

canadagoose

Although free AV packages are usually fine, it might be worth checking if your dad's bank offers a free internet security package. I know RBS gives you free Malwarebytes Premium on a few devices, which I'm happily using right now.

mjwilson

I think the Windows built-in AV is meant to be as good as anything else these days.

Dex Sawash

Put me down as another windows defender. Prolly doesn't work on Mac or Linux

jamiefairlie

Yeah my Security analyst mate says Defender is as good as any other domestic solution.