Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:59:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How many screens do you own?

Started by Memorex MP3, February 27, 2023, 10:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memorex MP3

Tablets, smartphones, tvs, handheld game consoles, ereaders, whatever the fuck else; how many of them do you own that still work? How many do you gormlessly stare into at least once a week? How many do you think you could whittle it down to?

touchingcloth

In descending order of size, I think this is all of them:

• TV
  • Second TV*
  • Office monitor
  • Work laptop
  • Home laptop*
  • Tablet (e-ink)
  • Kindle*
  • Phone
  • Backup phone*
  • Digital camera
  • Second digital camera*
  • Fitness tracker
  • Calculator
  • Tamagotchi
  • Clock radio

Anything with an asterisk is either very unused or something that I'm holding onto due to fecklessness and/or a hoarding mentality. E.g. the second telly is in our spare room, and the second camera and phone spend all of their time as spares in a box due to having no resale value. The second phone is actually in use as a router at the moment as our main router is broken, so hurrah for hoarding!

That's 6 backlit/colour screens I use on the reg, which works out quite nicely as I spend the seventh day in church sacrificing lambs and virgins (the lambs are not virgins (I make damn sure of that) and the people are not lambs).

dontpaintyourteeth

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Telly, two computer monitors, tablet and phone.

The telly and phone aren't going anywhere. The second monitor only comes in handy for occasional bouts of video editing and such, but it is pretty much essential on those occasions. The tablet was originally bought to use with a drone, as my phone at the time wasn't compatible. Annoyingly, the tablet stopped working with the drone and is now exclusively used for watching youtube stuff in bed. I could obviously use the phone for that, although Youtube's tablet interface is a bit more user friendly than the phone version.

seepage

Samsung 4K monitor
2560x1440 Lenovo 24" monitor - love it - looking at it makes me happy
27" Samsung 2560x1440 monitor wife uses
24" super lightweight FHD monitor - doing nothing
Hitachi 32" TV from Argos - needs throwing out
55" Samsung TV - top range - good
49" cheaper Samsung TV - rubbish
Samsung android tablet
2 x android phones
Toshiba Windows tablet
2 x old weird Samsung Windows tablets
Sony 4" Windows pocket PC
HP laptop
1st gen Microsoft Surface Pro
Tandy handheld PC
Sharp handheld PC
lots of others

greenman

One advantage of picking with block PC's I spose if you don't end up with an endless line of wasted screens.