Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:51:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does Facebook look different for anyone else?

Started by JesusAndYourBush, March 20, 2023, 08:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Everything looks bigger, kinda zoomed in.

I don't want Fisher Price My First Facebook I want it to look like it did yesterday.

Did I accidentally press somthing or is this more bullshit changes forced on us?  (I can guess the answer, just wanted to vent.)

(On Android if it makes a difference.)

Pink Gregory

Think it's just a change they rolled out, it's awful, makes the ads hard to distinguish from posts as well.

This feels very pointless to complain about when I only use it for groups and events but still, important for that stuff.

Endicott

I use the mobile web site on my phone, at least I used to. These changes have broken the 'Recent' view, or possibly it's stopped playing nice with my ad blockers. Whatever the reason, I don't bother with it on my phone anymore, because it's unusable. Once a day on laptop now, just to check in and see what's going on.

The laptop view does a popup now if you want to see comments, which is an extra click, and then you have to select 'all comments' because that isn't the default. It's almost as if they think it's for something other than communication.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Is everyone else getting about ten adverts/page recommendations for every one actual post from their friends? For no apparent reason, it's been relentlessly spamming Indian entertainment news at me in the last week. I keep telling it not to recommend me stuff, but then it just replaces it with some different nonsense.

Is there some way to make it just show me my friends posts? I assume blockers won't work on page recommendations.

Roxy Robinson

Yeah, also gone to crap here. I barely ever see posts from anyone besides a few spammers. I've hidden and snoozed and so on but it seems to have replaced that with groups I might like and similar tripe.

seepage

I only got half a dozen acquaintances on FB so I just click on seepage at the top, then their individual pages

JesusAndYourBush

One thing that's new for me (which started when I made this thread) is that when I watched a video, when the video ended I carried on scrolling or did something else.

Now when I watch a video it automatically scrolls onto another video, or it stops and and can scroll it myself.  So I can get a neverending stream of videos.  Others might have had facebook do this for ages but it was new to me.

And some of the video makers are such arseholes.  People posting maths problems and riddles.  Some of them are good, some of them are deliberately stupid.  People posting something along the lines of "I can't believe this just happened" and it's a really innocuous video where nothing much happens.  People posting holding something up to the mirror and they can't believe that the reflection can "see" behind the thing they're holding up to the mirror. And so many arseholes making their own version of the video which is exactly the same as all the others.  But yeah it's easy to ignore these videos but for a few days I was fascinated by them.