Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:55:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Instagram being a pain for anyone else?

Started by Pranet, May 30, 2023, 06:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pranet

I have an instagram account (or I did). Don't post just follow a few people.

This was all fine for years until maybe a couple of months ago when I got a message saying I needed to verify my identity, asked for a code to be sent to email address associated with the account, nothing ever arrived.

So I set up another account.

Today, after about 4 weeks, again it wanted me to verify my identity. Got a code sent to my phone. Put it in.

Then it asked me to send a "verification selfie"- with me holding up a sheet of paper with another code and user name on it. What the actual fuck.

So I did it and now I wait to see if they think I am an actual human being.

Very very annoying.

I have just now gone through this. Relieved I saw this thread earlier now

Pranet

They seem to want only the people most committed to being on instagram.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Pranet on May 30, 2023, 06:17:54 PMThen it asked me to send a "verification selfie"- with me holding up a sheet of paper with another code and user name on it. What the actual fuck.

What. Like a hostage video?

Pranet

Very much like a hostage video.

Actually I read online that the next step if they are not satisfied is to ask you to send a video of yourself to them.

The Culture Bunker

Not had any of that, but this morning it didn't give a warning about "automated activity" which threw me a bit, as I have two-step verification to sign in, plus the log in history showed no other log ins bar my phone.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Pranet on May 31, 2023, 02:10:45 PMVery much like a hostage video.

Actually I read online that the next step if they are not satisfied is to ask you to send a video of yourself to them.

And if they're not satisfied with that the next step is to send them a nude video.

touchingcloth

And if they're still not satisfied you have to send them a finger.

Pranet

Well, they've let me back in, for now at least, with out me having to send them a picture of my bottom.

I also got my account back this morning. Sounds like they took the same amount of time for whatever reviews they needed to do. What a pointless waste of time