Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:00:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

YouTube shorts

Started by touchingcloth, June 23, 2023, 03:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Fuck is the point of these portrait unseekable bastards? If I want a short video, I'll filter by duration THANKS

dontpaintyourteeth

going after some of that tiktok audience innit?

touchingcloth

Are vertical videos with no time sliders the key to Tik Tok's success?

dontpaintyourteeth

fucked if I know mate I just thought it was similarly short pointless videos

touchingcloth

I think that was the strapline from their marketing pitch.

All the YouTube Shorts genres:

• Clips from stand up shows
  • GRIFTERS
  • Badly cropped clips from TV comedies where it's just two people's noses in frame.
  • "I discovered a secret Mario game that nobody* has ever seen before!"
  • "Funniest sports fails" and it's just videos of girls at the gym

*everyone

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 23, 2023, 04:33:39 PMAre vertical videos with no time sliders the key to Tik Tok's success?

Possibly, Facebook's jumped on the bandwagon too.

Consignia

Dex Sawash

Shuffle dance vids and backwards hat redneck reacts to people's fixing broken off bolt videos.

Dex Sawash

Never see the pretty young women wanking off horses ones anymore :(

Sebastian Cobb

They're shit, I just adblocked them, 'cos the tile kept coming back.

https://letsblock.it/filters/youtube-shorts

BlodwynPig

Whats with those annoying voice overs? Is that tik tok too? Slightly human but majorly robotic, saying the same thing thats written in text on screen. Dystopeen

JesusAndYourBush

And what's with the ones where it's just someone talking but they're miming to someone else's voice --- either that or someone else has redubbed the video.
Either way, what is point?

Pink Gregory

does anyone else get the same Youtube comedians - Finlay something and a blonde lady with big teeth?

Not that I'm complaining, I've laughed at most of their stuff

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 03, 2023, 07:32:51 AMWhats with those annoying voice overs? Is that tik tok too? Slightly human but majorly robotic, saying the same thing thats written in text on screen. Dystopeen

Someone on here said that was AI which freaked me out. I just thought it was unimaginative pricks mimicking the cadence of all the other pricks.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on July 03, 2023, 03:42:28 PMAnd what's with the ones where it's just someone talking but they're miming to someone else's voice --- either that or someone else has redubbed the video.
Either way, what is point?

Remember how someone doing that to trump over lockdown became an entire career as a satirist?

Ungodly annoying because I'd been using youtube as a converter for videos that twitter arbitrarily decided weren't compatible and now they upload as shorts with my name watermarked on so I've had to find another workaround

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Stone Cold Steve Austin on July 05, 2023, 02:54:31 PMUngodly annoying because I'd been using youtube as a converter for videos that twitter arbitrarily decided weren't compatible and now they upload as shorts with my name watermarked on so I've had to find another workaround

Whenever I've had that it's been due to it being fussy about the audio rather than the video, it needs to be aac for desktop uploads.