Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Just bought an Android Tablet. is it dodgy?

Started by salr, September 12, 2023, 05:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salr

Hi, not sure where to put this but I was hoping for some advice about a samsung tablet I bought recently.

It arrived today. When I opened the packaging there was a sticker on the box saying:

'European Model: This product was originally put on the market by Samsung in a European country which was not the UK by Brand Smart Ltd which has opened the packagang and made the following changes: (A) removed the original 2-pin Samsung charger, (B) inserted a 3-pin Samsung charger of original specification and, where necessary changed the internal packaging to secure it; (C) replaced existing firmware on the product with an English firmware variant and (D) provided a link to the English language user guide for the product. Samsung has been notified of these changes.

Not pleased about it, I have looked at the product listing on the website and it does not mention that it would not be a legit UK product. I don't mind about the accessories really, but I don't like that the firmware has been messed with.

I'm going to call them tomorrow, do you think I will able to get a refund?

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: salr on September 12, 2023, 05:39:37 PMI'm going to call them tomorrow, do you think I will able to get a refund?

You're automatically entitled to a refund for stuff you buy online : https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/i-want-to-return-something-bought-online-aqsD32m9r5P3

I'm sure it will be fine though.