Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:20:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

baffling inexplicable PC problem please help

Started by madhair60, September 26, 2023, 02:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

baffling PC problem. If I open an image in Irfanview it rapidly skips backwards through images like I'm holding PgUp or Backspace or scrolling the wheel up, but unplugging the mouse and/or keyboard doesn't stop it. Also if I play a song on Winamp or iTunes it similarly rapidly skips back. what the fuck. restarting PC stops it, temporarily it seems.

touchingcloth

Quote from: madhair60 on September 26, 2023, 02:00:33 PMin Irfanview it rapidly skips backwards through images like I'm holding PgUp or Backspace or scrolling the wheel up
if I play a song on Winamp or iTunes it similarly rapidly skips back

So in Irfanview, PgUp, Backspace, scroll wheel all skip backwards through images?

In Winamp and iTunes, do the same three inputs all go backwards? I imagine in iTunes that backspace doesn't skip backwards, so if you can test which of the three things skip backwards in the music programs then that might point to it being the mouse or the keyboard that's fucked as a tarting point.

I noticed my typo, but I'm not changing it.

madhair60

btw it turned out it was somehow my fucking microphone