Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:02:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Decent photoalbum software—any worthwhile suggs

Started by the midnight watch baboon, December 14, 2022, 09:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the midnight watch baboon

Haha no not Graeme from Mad-ness.

I have been charged with creating a digital photoalbum for my dad, and while I lack a meaningful digital skillset with which to create this kind of thing for free, I see there are plenty of providers of this kind of thing out there for £. Are any any good? Any I can somehow use for free?

Thanks Suggs

tmwb1.1

QDRPHNC

Edit: sorry, missed you said digital. Ignore the following. Although Google Photos would still work so long as your album doesn't have to look pretty.

Is the idea to get it printed, keep it online, or turn it into a PDF or something?

I don't know how good they are, but you can get books printed from your Google Photos, I believe they have templates to pick from and you can select which images to use, etc. I think you pay per book. With the added benefit of having all your pictures on Google Photos, meaning they can be sorted into albums and shared / viewed anytime you want.

Sebastian Cobb

Do you mean tools to compile a collection of images into an album?

As I mentioned in passing my dad carked it recently and one of the things I had to do was put together a slide show of photos of him for the wake. He had about 80gb of photos that were well organised but only a fraction of those were of him not stood behind the camera.

I used digikam because it had a face recognition tool that once trained on his face found pictures of him, I think later versions of Windows can do this but I think it uploads to the cloud and I didn't want to do that.

I then scanned a load of photos, three at a time on the scanner bed, and it was pretty good for rotating, cropping and fixing the levels automatically. It did a surprisingly good job of some colour photos from the 70's that had faded to purple-brown.

If it's hosting online Flickr is OK.