Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:02:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 13

Started by Small Man Big Horse, September 02, 2018, 12:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

Megasearch doesn't seem to have episode 7 or 8 and anywhere else I go to only has the eps in MKV format which doesn't read on my PS3. Anyone know of any MP4 files anywhere? (There is a reason why I don't have Netflix by the way. That reason is not a single spare penny at the moment and shit NHS Wi fi I mooch off the doctor's I live next door to)

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Clownbaby on October 26, 2018, 09:34:38 AM
Megasearch doesn't seem to have episode 7 or 8 and anywhere else I go to only has the eps in MKV format which doesn't read on my PS3. Anyone know of any MP4 files anywhere? (There is a reason why I don't have Netflix by the way. That reason is not a single spare penny at the moment and shit NHS Wi fi I mooch off the doctor's I live next door to)

The new ones aren't on Netflix anyway, unfortunately they aren't adding them each week like they do with some shows.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Clownbaby on October 26, 2018, 09:34:38 AM

Have pm'd you, and if anyone else wants to know too just message me.

New Jack

here is episode 9 in my frequently abused onedrive

My link on the last page for 8 is still live.. but they are contained in MKV

vvv always welcome.  Hardly gonna use Onedrive for personal docs!!

selectivememory

Small Man Big Horse

I've mixed feelings about that. The first half spent too much time setting things up and whilst the pay offs were great, and the second part made me laugh a lot, I can't help but feel they wasted the supporting cast a bit.

neveragain

Yeah, the additional cast weren't utilised. The joy at the end was sort of touching but it wasn't a great episode.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Mac acted most of the time like Dennis would, with his concern about reputation that's usually not a Mac's thing. I'd say this was originally written with Dennis appearing. For some reason (most likely Howerton's schedule), they couldn't make it work, so they spun off Charlie's subplot into a whole episode, and they filled out the cast for this one with many supporting characters mostly to fill the gap.

Bhazor

Thought it was a rubbish episode honestly. I also don't like how the returning cast has aged. Reminds me of the onward march of time and how we'll all die.

The only bit that got any real reaction from me was the intercredits sequence of Caitlyn and Rob at the real event. That was super cute.

neveragain

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on November 01, 2018, 03:37:10 PM
Mac acted most of the time like Dennis would, with his concern about reputation that's usually not a Mac's thing. I'd say this was originally written with Dennis appearing. For some reason (most likely Howerton's schedule), they couldn't make it work, so they spun off Charlie's subplot into a whole episode, and they filled out the cast for this one with many supporting characters mostly to fill the gap.

Good point about the reputation. I read on the Futon Critic (via Wikipedia) that this and the Charlie ep were originally supposed to form a 'one-hour' special. Doubt that would have been any better. It was an episode that makes the show look rather tired.

Also, if it was meant to be a year prior to the other episodes, wouldn't Mac have not been as built?

Penfold

Quote from: neveragain on November 01, 2018, 05:09:52 PM

Also, if it was meant to be a year prior to the other episodes, wouldn't Mac have not been as built?

The last season was 18 months ago and this episode was set 9 months ago so Mac would have had time to get ripped, although from what I remember from the first episode of this season he was keen for any excuse to take his shirt off so maybe he wasn't as built as he wanted which is why he wanted Rex to take his shirt off instead.

up_the_hampipe

There were so many set-up jokes in this episode, but nothing landed. Like a bad Sunny spec script. If Rob, Glenn and Charlie can't write this show anymore, I really don't think they should continue.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 01, 2018, 06:56:59 PM
There were so many set-up jokes in this episode, but nothing landed. Like a bad Sunny spec script. If Rob, Glenn and Charlie can't write this show anymore, I really don't think they should continue.

I think the problem for me with these last two episodes is that the fun & humour inherent in the gang's dynamic is already compromised by the absence of Dennis, so then splitting Charlie away from the remaining group for so long just makes that problem even worse and it starts to feel even less like the show it used to be.  I really enjoyed some other episodes this Season though so I'm far from giving up on it.

BeardFaceMan

Not that they were bad episodes, they had some good moments, and in general I've really been liking this season, but they are probably the worst 2 episodes of the whole show for me. Splitting Charlie off on his own didnt work, the dynamic is the next episode was all fucked, the supporting cast felt shoehorned in, that would have been an even worse 1 hour episode, there just wasn't enough going on to fill the time. Odd couple of episodes, though I think if they'd cut those 2 episodes into one, cutting back and forth between Charlie and the rest at the game it may have worked.

Penfold

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 01, 2018, 07:38:27 PM
Not that they were bad episodes, they had some good moments, and in general I've really been liking this season, but they are probably the worst 2 episodes of the whole show for me. Splitting Charlie off on his own didnt work, the dynamic is the next episode was all fucked, the supporting cast felt shoehorned in, that would have been an even worse 1 hour episode, there just wasn't enough going on to fill the time. Odd couple of episodes, though I think if they'd cut those 2 episodes into one, cutting back and forth between Charlie and the rest at the game it may have worked.

Yeah, that would have been better, it feels like an episode they had to do because the Eagles won the Super Bowl but making it two episodes is odd.

Also noticed that only one episode this season is written by Day and McElhenney compared to three last season with Howerton.

Sebastian Cobb

Their two-parters often feel a bit stretched.

Bhazor

For me the only really good episode this season was the Bathroom episode. Everything else feels like theres a missing spark of energy or were good ideas with bad execution like the time paradox episode.

Theres still just enough good stuff in the season that I think they could pull it together again but after 13 season's I wouldn't be too sad if they decided to end it.

up_the_hampipe

This season hasn't been a failure by any means. Didn't rate the bathroom episode as much as others here did, thought that one was missing something. The Gang Makes Paddy's Great Again, The Gang Escapes, Time's Up For The Gang and The Gang Gets New Wheels were all great though.

New Jack

Didn't rate this episode. Seemed to be on a descending slope of funny, so by the end it were a bit weak

Not a great season to me. Finale next week already. And it's a Mac one!

The Gang Gets New Wheels is my fav from this season

AsparagusTrevor

I didn't like this week's or last week's either, but I've enjoyed the rest of this season (to varying degrees).

This week's episode seemed like you needed to be invested in either Philly or Superb Owl / Superb Eagles to appreciate it. The fact it ended with the montage of real fans celebrating only cemented this.

Only laugh for me this week was when they setup the difficult journey after the bus crash only to cut to them arriving with no issues.

Chollis

I'll be honest lads this new season isn't doing much for me.

SteveDave

Quote from: Chollis on November 03, 2018, 06:50:37 PM
I'll be honest lads this new season isn't doing much for me.

Same. It's all felt a bit flat apart from a few moments of sparkle.

That said, I do like the waiter/air steward character.

Small Man Big Horse

The finale's now out there and it's all a bit of an odd one. It's another Dennis free episode which annoyed, and I can't say that it's a particularly funny episode either, I found myself only laughing out loud twice, but the final five minutes are...well, they're certainly something, and quite unlike anything the show has ever done before. I won't say anymore until after people have seen it, but whilst it impressed I still find myself disappointed, bar one certain part.

Moribunderast

Hrm, didn't really get on with the finale except for a few of Frank's bigoted/ignorant quips. This season was very uneven. I thought it started very strong but the final half has been quite weak and you can really see them writing around Glenn Howerton's availability. I said when there was a chance he'd left for good that they shouldn't continue the show without him and I think this season shows that to be true. It's been amazing they've maintained the quality for as long as they have but if they can't get everyone involved for a full season then I question the validity of keeping it going. I do really love the show and even weak episodes still raise a chuckle from me as the characters and actors are so fucking good but I'd hate for Always Sunny to have a few seasons toward the end of it's run that feel burned out or half-arsed.

Bhazor

Well that last episode didn't work as a comedy. But it certainly worked at... yeah. Thats going to take some time to process.

Re: Sunny as a whole. I'd say after 13 seasons they have at least 10 seasons of gold. That's one hell of an impressive run for anyone. Given how good season 12 was I'm certainly not writing the show off. If they can fix the scheduling conflicts with Glenn and get the space to really do what they wanted I'm sure 14 could be as good as 12.

neveragain

That ending was beautiful.

Not what I ever thought I would have wanted from Sunny - ask me a few seasons back and I would have been violently opposed, it goes against the whole ethos - but after all those hours of deplorable nastiness there's something heartwarming about a little bit of... humanity creeping in. Particularly as the real world is so fucked up.

Also, the series is definitely winding down now. I wouldn't begrudge them a couple more seasons (particularly if Glenn can get back) but it needs to wrap up before too long.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Moribunderast on November 08, 2018, 08:40:47 AM
Hrm, didn't really get on with the finale except for a few of Frank's bigoted/ignorant quips. This season was very uneven. I thought it started very strong but the final half has been quite weak and you can really see them writing around Glenn Howerton's availability. I said when there was a chance he'd left for good that they shouldn't continue the show without him and I think this season shows that to be true. It's been amazing they've maintained the quality for as long as they have but if they can't get everyone involved for a full season then I question the validity of keeping it going. I do really love the show and even weak episodes still raise a chuckle from me as the characters and actors are so fucking good but I'd hate for Always Sunny to have a few seasons toward the end of it's run that feel burned out or half-arsed.

I see where you're coming from and do agree, I think I liked the season a bit more than you did but it was definitely a flawed beast and I wouldn't want another two or three like it. I guess all we can do is hope AP Bio is cancelled and that Howerton returns full time, or at the very least Rob and Charlie write more episodes next time around.

Bhazor

Rewatched the finale and yeah its incredible. Certainly not a comedy though. Regardless of anything else you got to admire the sheer balls of the show to go that far.

Has anyone seen AP Bio? Because I honestly haven't even heard about it. Though the thought of Dennis as a biology teacher is awfully fitting.

Mobius

Watched the first episode of AP Bio last night actually. Quite good, he's basically playing Dennis.

I thought that ending was shit. First half of episode was funny. Last couple eps haven't been great really.

Small Man Big Horse

I watched the first three but didn't get on with it, whilst being unlikeable as Dennis works in It's Always Sunny it didn't really here, and I couldn't understand why the students would put up with such shit. Plus it wasn't that funny, I hear it improves but I'm behind on so many shows right now I haven't the time to check it out again.