Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:31:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Group Hug - it's ok to feel like shit

Started by MojoJojo, November 12, 2020, 10:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Grief does weird things to you. Not just your mind. I got terrible stomach pains after Dad died. My mum got migraines.

tookish

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: George White on December 24, 2023, 10:08:52 PMI am still worrying over my anxiety symptoms.

I had a CT scan a few months back, but in recent months, I find myself saying words in a pronunciation i didn't quite intend, find myself stumbling over words more, sometimes saying a simile instead of the actual word, as well as getting sore eyes, and waking up constantly in the middle of the night every night. Is this anxiety too?
Currently have

- stomach pains (started in August, convinced for a while I was going to have a heart attack)

- recurring leg pain

- headaches (especially pulsating feeling, throbbing, in neck and head, started really in September, but i've always had headaches, but never throbbing migraines)

- neck tension (neck bone stiffens up regularly and sticks out a bit, in September)

- tinnitus noise in centre of head (like farting in head, in late September)

- burning eyes

- burning mouth syndrome (only the last week or so)

- sour throat for a month and a half

- globus pharyngeus (developed after the sore throat)

- itchy eyes, recurring red eyes

I've had seven or so (CBC) blood tests, myriad trips to the Doctor, a CT scan, but after a woman I was talking to disappeared when I left the door open for her and one other similar thing where someone I know vaguely seemingly disappeared from my view, I am convinced I AM having hallucinations and am worried. My mother died in January, so that's probably what the anxiety is caused.

But I am finding it harder to concentrate. My head feels jumbled. I can't think as smoothly. I sometimes feel I am talking slurred, even though people don't think I am. My doctor (and other doctors) keep telling me there's nothing to worry about, and that the medication I'm taking (serc, escatalipram, pantoprazole) is going to take another month or so to really kick in, but I just feel worse.

I also dream about Mum too regularly, but the thing is, I wasn't heavily mourning her. She'd been ill for years. Her death was kind of a lifting of a great weight, but she was so important to me in the past. Is that perhaps why this is happening at the mo?

Have you had covid? A lot of that chimes with my own experiences of long term covid complications. Doctors ascribing everything to a nebulous 'anxiety' is one of the biggest bullshit areas of modern medicine. Mostly these things have a physiological cause rather than people 'not thinking right' IMO though of course stress from traumatic life events has a genuinely physiologically demanding effect that wears your body's defenses down and lets underlying issues come to the fore.

(Basically don't let these charlatans fob you off with the idea of being able to 'think yourself better' just because they haven't managed to work out what is actually wrong, and want to put the onus on you, is what I'm trying to say)

George White

My mum had it and I thought I had it in early October.

Glebe

Sorry to hear what you're going through George. I hope you get the best of treatment, but try not to catastrophise.

I came down with a respiratory virus in November and my chest is still bothering me. Been to the doc several times, had a chest x-ray (thankfully all clear) but I'm still paranoid that I could be developing emphysema or summit. My anxiety is really bad lately, apparently a lot of folks have had this dose and it's been hard to shake, so I'm probably just imagining the worst.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Glebe on December 28, 2023, 11:02:26 AMI came down with a respiratory virus in November and my chest is still bothering me....apparently a lot of folks have had this dose and it's been hard to shake, so I'm probably just imagining the worst.

Reckon I must have been an early adopter of this bugger as I started with a heavy dose around October. It's still lingering even now as I find I can cough up amounts of phlegm that would impress a South Wales Miner (if there were any left).

Glebe

Hope you're feeling better Tony and have a very Happy New Year. Yeah, I mean there is a respiratory thing going around that a lot of people seem to have caught and seems to take awhile to shake, hopeful that it'll shift eventually but I'm just anxious about it because it's hanging around so long.

George White

Was chased around the 145 yesterday from D'olier st to Ballywaltrim by a mad woman in a light-up jacket who kept trying to touch me., kept saying 'I don't mean harm' or 'DO I frighten you? Don't be frightened'. She kept shouting to the bus passengers, 'only three hours to go to new year!'   Her friend got onto the bus and then at the next stop, she got off. Woman then moved around the bus, whacked me in the face with her hoodie.  See as I had one more stop to go, and I increasingly frightened of what she was going to do if we were going to get off at the same stop, I got off and ran for my life. I think she's put me off sex with women for good.

Sonny_Jim

I'm just to sneak in for a little cuddle and pat on the shoulder, thanks mate needed that.

Big sigh

jamiefairlie

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on December 26, 2023, 12:58:54 PMthough of course stress from traumatic life events has a genuinely physiologically demanding effect that wears your body's defenses down and lets underlying issues come to the fore.

Yeah I think that's the key to a lot of issues. Stress is not just a mental sensation, it's genuinely happening in the body and had awful effects.

Glebe

Sorry to hear it George, hope you're okay. I'm no stranger to the 145 and 155, we've probably passed each up like the proverbial ships in the night many times!

George White

If you ever see a bespectacled lad in Jonathan King specs with a backback and a green coat, say hello.

Glebe

If you ever see a guy in Specsavers glasses with a backpack and black coat...

dontpaintyourteeth