Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:38:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mary & George (the bonkbusters of the 17thC)

Started by Blue Jam, March 06, 2024, 06:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

You've probably heard of this by now: the true story of Mary Villiers, Countess of Buckingham, persuading her very pretty son George, Duke of Buckingham, to tempt King James VI into a bit of gaying off.

Julianne Moore plays Mary, Nicholas Galitzine plays George, Tony Curran plays James. The always-welcome Simon Russell Beale is also in it which is what persuaded me to give it a go. Going in now:

jobotic

Blimey. I remember when they were crimebusters of the deep.

Blue Jam

Delightful

Spoiler alert
C-bomb
[close]

from James Gilder. Good start.

Blue Jam

Spoiler alert
Angus from Peep Show is good casting.
[close]

Blue Jam

This is like The Favourite but good. Absolute filth, I love it.

lauraxsynthesis

Deliberate trash played for laughs is it. That Galitzine isn't very good, but if SRB and Nichola Walker are in it I suppose I must. I've fancied that Tony Curran for years and all and wouldn't mind seeing him have some bum fun.

Blue Jam

Nah, it's not trash or done with a nod and a wink, it's more of a proper, high production value period drama with a bit of cheeky humour used sparingly and a lot of sexytime thrown in. If you enjoyed Desperate Romantics this may be right up your alley.