Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:49:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forgivingness (sleight return)

Started by Dusty Gozongas, September 02, 2006, 02:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Gozongas

I'm wondering how forgiving we can be of artists.

Take Syd Barrett: Three albums, two of which your mother would most likely deem shambolic even if she admitted taking the occasional lemon in her tea.

Francis Zappa: His Apostrophe (for the sake of debate and a modicum of respect to the man's back catalogue) being the one with the first whiff of citrus.

The Rolling Stones: Hmmmm.

At what point does a feller with a love of music become more/less unforgiving than your average comedy nazi™?

A tongue in cheek question to some degree....

Labian Quest

I forgive you for misspelling 'forgiveness' in the thread title :p

I also find it quite easy to forgive Neil Young for the many well below par albums he's done, and Paul Mccartney too, for just about everything he's done since he left The Fab Four; in spite of the crap, both of those artists have written many absolutely brilliant songs, most musicians don't even manage to write one fairly brilliant one.

Sheriff John Indolent

See also Prince.

1999 and Parade = The Young Ones and Blackadder
Chaos And Disorder = Blessed

You can never really hate the ones you grew up loving, can you?

I can forgive Bowie all manner of shite for 'Young Americans' (the track) alone. That one song packs more hooks in four minutes than some people manage in four albums. And have you seen the Soul Train performance?